AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump???

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump??? #1  

design

Silver Member
Tractor
M5400
Here is my question:

Has anyone ever considered plumbing from the transmission drain fitting under the chassis to a filter to a fluid quick disconnect? If you did this, could you then add a PTO hydraulic pump from the quick disconnect to a “tee” in the standard hydraulic pressure circuit?

I basically want to put a 2nd hydraulic pump in parallel with the main tractor hydraulic pump so I can increase the flow to either the loader or a backhoe. I would want to use the transmission housing as the reservoir for the PTO pump. I am assuming that I would need to ensure the pressure relief settings are the same for both pumps.

I can not find any threads about this crazy idea. Has anyone heard of someone attempting to do this?

Design

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump??? #2  
I think that's a great idea. As a SCUT owner, I often wonder how much more work I could get done if I could move my backhoe or loader faster. It seems to me that the relief valves wouldn't be changed, so if you could somehow increase the GPM of the hyd system you could achieve faster hoe or loader action without damaging anything.

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump??? #3  
Would it be any easier to get your PTO pump rated for the GPM you want, and then run the loader / hoe off of it exclusively instead of trying to connect the 2 systems in parallel? A while ago I was thinking about making a PTO hydraulic unit and noticed that in my catalogue the PTO pumps rated at 540 RPM seemed to be a lot more expensive than motor driven pumps rated at 3000 RPM. I wondered (but never really investigated any further) about the feasability of running the pump off of the 2500 RPM mid PTO, which I don't use for anything anyway, and not having to take it off to use other rear PTO driven impliments.

/ AUX Hydraulic circuit in parallel with main hydraulic pump??? #4  
One problem I see with that is the control valves are sized for the flow of the system try and force more flow through and you create a lot of heat which is bad for any system