First Workout

/ First Workout #1  

NHbotanut

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610HSD
Tonight I was able to give the new tractor her first work out. Had to clear and prep an area for the portable shelter where it will be stored.

Was able to cut all trees, (about 15 saplings @ 6-8' in diam) pop out the stumps, clean up and grade off the area in under 2 hours. I am now just waiting for 12 yards of 2' stone to be delivered so I can spread it out for the base of the shelter which will be assembled this weekend.

I was constantly surprised at how small an area I could turn the tractor around.

/ First Workout #2  
Heck, at 6-8", I would call them small trees. Always glad to hear people getting seat time. 2 hours is pretty good time for what you listed. Keep us posted with the shed to. Always nice to hear what others are doing.

/ First Workout #3  
How did you dispose of the trees, their stumps, and all of the tree limbs?

Great first project!

/ First Workout
I am making a large pile off to the side until my grapple is built. Will put most of this stuff into a burn pile. Then I will start the serious logging with the Farmi winch. Once I have a large enough pile, I'll rent a chipper to get rid of the branches and small stuff.

I have about 3 acres that I am going to open up & add to our lawn. Also want to plant a dozen apples trees and some X-mas trees for my daughter.

/ First Workout #5  
That sounds like some good "clean" fun. Great productive seat time. You have to post some pics of all this though.

By the way, WELCOME TO TBN!!:D