Tires BX24 tires??

/ BX24 tires?? #1  

Qrazy

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota BX24
Hi guys,

Maybe you guys can help me.....What I was wondering is, if my BX24 came with the wrong tires???

Ok, here goes.....My right front was a little low, so I looked on page 50 of my owners manual for the proper inflation numbers.....Here is what it tells me:

Turfs
Front:
without/loader 22.0 psi
loader 25.4 psi

Rear:
without/loader 20.0 psi
loader 20.0 psi

So my question is, am I really supposed to put 25.4 psi in my front tires when my loader is on?? (which it always is).....The tire itself says 22 psi MAX inflation it......Do they have different tires that should come with a FEL equipped BX??

Thanks....

/ BX24 tires?? #2  
I would not exceed the rated pressure on the tire itself. The number rated in the book may be for the R4 or AG tires.

/ BX24 tires??
MOPAULY said:
I would not exceed the rated pressure on the tire itself. The number rated in the book may be for the R4 or AG tires.

Yeah I did not exceed the rating....The book has tires pressures listed for the fronts based on Turf/Bar/Ind...

/ BX24 tires??
All three tire types show the same front tire pressure settings in teh book for front tires with loader at 25.4 psi. Can anyone else with a BX24 confirm their tires also say 22psi Max? It just seems weird to me...

Thanks...

/ BX24 tires?? #7  
I run mine at 40 psi for a year now no problems

/ BX24 tires?? #8  
To enhance the ride and traction I've run them as low as 10 lbs on the rear and not much more on the fronts depending on the loads being carried.

/ BX24 tires??
Thank you all for looking....Other than Kubotalinc, does anyone else run there pressures over the 22 psi the tire states as max?

/ BX24 tires?? #10  
kubotalinc said:
I run mine at 40 psi for a year now no problems

Why run them at 40psi? Do you run them that way for loader work. Seems really high.