bleed green to bleed orange

/ bleed green to bleed orange #1  

mikeyd

Gold Member
Tractor
5030 tractor, ZD28 mower
I really did shell out 17.3 k for the newest addition to my Kubota family. Some might say it's not a tractor but as I understand it, it is a 4wd tractor with a mower out front. I needed the drag of the 4wd to go down my hills and the traction to go up. This F3680 will climb a wall, especially with the differential locked. The ZD28 I traded was a fine machine but treacherous on hills. I feel completely safe on the F3680, very stable machine. The attached pictures try to show the steepnest of one of the slopes I'm cutting, hard to capture in a still photo. If you look at the top of the photo's you can see the roof of my house, puts it in perpective. The last photo is the rain delay that took place a few minutes after I took the pics of the F on the hill.

Attachments

• DSC00250_00.JPG
    DSC00250_00.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 605
  • DSC00249_00.JPG
    DSC00249_00.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 512
  • DSC00255_00.JPG
    DSC00255_00.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:
   / bleed green to bleed orange #2  
That's a nice looking mower you got there. I looked at the F-series mowers but opted for the ZD28. My land is totally flat. I could see where hills would create a problem with the ZD mowers though. I often loose traction in a couple of flat swampy puddles in my flat yard.

That rain sure does look good!

/ bleed green to bleed orange
Glowplug said:
That's a nice looking mower you got there. I looked at the F-series mowers but opted for the ZD28. My land is totally flat. I could see where hills would create a problem with the ZD mowers though. I often loose traction in a couple of flat swampy puddles in my flat yard.

That rain sure does look good!

On flat ground you can't beat a Z-turn. They are very fast and great quality of cut. On tight turns I have to do a 3 pointer with the f series, on the ZD28 just spin and go...much quicker. Unfortunately the Z would not hold a hill.

BX2230_Lockport said:
Yikes that is steep. Maybe you need one of these these!
:D

what is that thing?

Does it come in orange?

/ bleed green to bleed orange #10  
MOPAULY said:
That would be this bizarre looking thing:

ATM 72LC

I have never used an All Terrain Mower, but I am told that the ATM72LC is "self-levelling" on slopes up to 34 degress. Quite impressive!

However, I can say from experience that small Kubotas (B and BX) can be pretty impressive on slopes as well. For example, I have used a B7100HST, a BX22 and a BX23 to mow slopes having inclines as high as 30 degrees. I increased the stability of all 3 tractors by attaching the matching Kubota belly mower to them. I am not recommending this to the faint of heart as it could be dangerous if the tractor is not operated with care.

Last week, I had my BX24 was hauling dirt (using the FEL) up a grass covered hill having an incline of 30 degrees. To maximize stability, I removed the backhoe and engaged the 4WD and differential locks. The BX24 performed so well that I was left with the impression that it might be capable of hauling dirt up even steeper inclines.