New to Kubota (B7800), but not new to TBN... seeking input.

/ New to Kubota (B7800), but not new to TBN... seeking input. #1  

JohnTso

Tractor
Kubota B7800
Hello,

I just purchased a slightly used (159 hours) B7800 with 402 FEL and finish mower. Back in 2000 I purchased a TC45D with FEL and BB, which I sold 3 years later. I was pretty active on the TBN site from 1999 - 2003, but not much after I sold my tractor. FYI - the TC45D was a great machine. Once I completed the heavy grading and lifting it was too much machine for finished lawn and landscape.

Now onto my newest tractor... B7800. I liked the high horse power to weight (1800 lbs. less FEL) ratio on this model, so I went for it. I'm in the market for a 4 pt. backhoe and since Woods is practically in my backyard I'm going to go this route.

The input I'm seeking is whether to go the BH70-X or BH80-X. The reason for my question is because the Kubota BH75, commonly used on the B7800, appears to fall right between the specs of the 70 & 80-X hoes. I'm leaning more towards the 80-X due to swing control feature and extended reach
/lift - less repositioning.

If anyone has experience with either the Woods hoes on a B7800, I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks,

John

/ New to Kubota (B7800), but not new to TBN... seeking input. #2  
Welcom back to TBN. What was your old signin?
If you check the BH75. You will find the BX80 is closer to it in size. I would want the extra reach BX80 offers.
Wood BX specs
BH75
The BX70 is more like the B4672 BH Kubota used on smaller tractors than the B7800.

/ New to Kubota (B7800), but not new to TBN... seeking input.
I'm pretty sure my old signin was also "JohnTso", but TBN was unable to recover my old account because my email address had also changed - left where I worked and retired.

I would agree that the Kubota BH70 specs are closer to the Woods BH80-X specs. Moreover, I like the fact that the BH80-X offers swing control and hydraulic thumb. That said, at first glance it would appear that many B7800 owners go with the BH70-X. I'm curious as to their reson for for the BH70-X versus the BH80-X?

John