Which tooth bar - and where to buy?

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #1  

Snatchface

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
My BX24 will be arriving on Wednesday. I think I need a toothbar for excavating and driveway repair (I have 1/4 mile of driveway with a major driveway hump). I am having a surprisingly difficulty time googling information on toothbars and sellers. I have seen the Woods one at one place and they want something like $350 shipped...seems a bit high, but I can't find anyone else selling it. Any suggestions?

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #2  
Do a search on toothbars and you'll find more information than you need.

The basic thing is, does your bucket have a bolt on cutting edge or a welded one?

If welded most people here seem to have bought from Markham. Markham does not make a toothbar to fit a bolt on edge.

I have a bolt on edge and remove my toothbar in winter for snow. I bought a Woods and am very happy with it. It comes on of off in a few minutes and is very heavy duty.

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #4  
Depending on what you want to do the most useful model on the market is the Landscape Toothbar from H&H Manufacturing. Check out EZ LANDSCAPER ATTACHMENT

I've used one several times at a local Scout Camp and its amazing for removing sod, grading, and general use. I prefer it to the regular toothbar I have on my BX>

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #5  
Renob said:
Check out these guys. I have one for my BX24 ($173.00 + shipping). Great quality, fast service.
I too would recommend the Markham, compared to quality vs price, of other products I have looked at.

I recently acquired a Markham and here is my experience as a precaution to what seems to be a good product. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1147348-post20.html

Others have said theirs fit perfectly from the manufacturer. Point is, measure carefully and precisely, all things considered. I can take pics if necessary to show where I had problems.

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #6  
Scrounger said:
Depending on what you want to do the most useful model on the market is the Landscape Toothbar from H&H Manufacturing. Check out EZ LANDSCAPER ATTACHMENT

I've used one several times at a local Scout Camp and its amazing for removing sod, grading, and general use. I prefer it to the regular toothbar I have on my BX>
Also a nice looking attachment. It appears that this may be a bit more finese than the Markham, 6 tooh bar. I could see a use for both.

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #7  
I agree both would be very nice, but if I had to choose, I would go with the landscape bar. Its nice for removing small trees and brush too.

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #8  
Scrounger said:
I agree both would be very nice, but if I had to choose, I would go with the landscape bar. Its nice for removing small trees and brush too.
Had I of realized this existed, I'd likely have swayed my purchase to it.

If I need to do any serious soil re-arrangement, I'll hire a dozer or a hoe, large in size.

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #9  
crbr said:
I too would recommend the Markham, compared to quality vs price, of other products I have looked at.

I recently acquired a Markham and here is my experience as a precaution to what seems to be a good product. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1147348-post20.html

Others have said theirs fit perfectly from the manufacturer. Point is, measure carefully and precisely, all things considered. I can take pics if necessary to show where I had problems.

I also have a Markham, great service, great product. Measure carefully...you may know, but I use a method that I saw Norm Abrams (sp?) use for accurate inside measurements. I measure from one side and make a mark at 10", then from the other side to the mark and add of course the ten inches.

/ Which tooth bar - and where to buy? #10  
I have the Markham toothbar and it was sent too long for my 60" bucket. The dealer cut it down to size and installed it for $75. It has worked very well for me but for sure if I had seen the EZ landscaper I would have bought it or something with more teeth closer together.

EZ LANDSCAPER ATTACHMENT