Grease Gun

/ Grease Gun #1  

x703jko

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24TLB
Can someone recommend a good grease gun for lubing by BX24? Or would any old grease gun work?

Jeff

/ Grease Gun #2  
Any greasegun will work but theres a whole lot of jerks on a BXTLB and MMM. And they are supposed to be greased every 10 hrs of operation.

I used to use a std hand pump greasegun but quickly changed over to a air powered greasegun made by Lincoln. Now greaseing every 10 hrs only takes a few minutes and I don't even break a sweat :D

Other folks use a battery powered greasegun and report great performance. If I hadn't already had an air compressor I would have went with the electric. Course the air powered is alot cheaper than the battery powered as long as you don't have to buy a compressor too :D

/ Grease Gun #4  
I bought one of those cordless, battery operated Lincoln grease guns and feel it's some of the best money I ever spent. Makes a very unenjoyable chore go by much quicker. Between greasing the tractor, implements, 3 vehicles, 2 trailers, some gates, etc... it sure does earn its keep. I bought it at Northern Sales when it went on sale.

/ Grease Gun #5  
single hand pump for me... some day I'll get an air one...

but do yourself - your marriage - and your relationship with your tractor a favor... and for lords sake - don't get one of the older lever action kinds... that's all I owned before the BX (like 3 of them) - and after trying to get all the zerks on the BH and FEL... while balancing the stupid gun - and trying to manage to pump it... (humph) - I'm still bitter for not getting the pistol grip sooner!

/ Grease Gun
Thanks to everyone for the quick responses and advice. I'm opting for one of the battery operated devices as it doesn't have to be tethered to my compressor, which means I can do the work wherever the tractor may be at that time.

J

/ Grease Gun #7  
I have an air-compressor model that I purchased from one of the big discount stores. It works great. Sometimes when the pressure is set too high it has some sort of relief valve and won't pump. But sure beats the heck out of manually pumping.

I have been eyeing the Lincoln 14.4V battery operated pump for many months but have never taken the plunge. I wonder if the Lincoln battery powered ones are refillable from a bulk loader pump?

Lincoln PowerLuber

/ Grease Gun #8  
x703jko said:
Can someone recommend a good grease gun for lubing by BX24? Or would any old grease gun work?

Jeff

What about for the grease itself? Anything to avoid? Any recommendations for likes or dislikes?

/ Grease Gun #9  
Yes Chuck, the Lincoln 14.4 will work with bulk grease. After the fiasco with the cheap battery powered grease guns I mentioned in the other thread, the Lincoln 1442 (one battery) is what I bought. I really can come close to using an entire case of grease on one battery. Now I'm just too picky with my grease gun and find myself wiping it down and neatly putting it back into it's nice case that it comes with. I feel sort of silly standing there polishing my grease gun...:eek:

/ Grease Gun #10