Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #11  
JeremyL said:
LWR101 said:
Also noticed the rubber seal on top of the screen has also come unglued. QUOTE]

Mine, too. Seems to be a lot of that going around. What is the best way to reattach it? Is it really necessary? Is it for heat/air circulation control, sound dampaning or what?
Its necessary! To keep the dust out of your fins! You'll overheat without.

I used an Epoxy A + B mixture. We'll see if the heat holds!:D

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #12  
LWR101 said:
... I hosed out the fins and everything is running just fine...
With water? Do you have an air compressor with a blowgun? If so, you might want to use that instead to clean your rad ... unless you're sure you can get every bit of it, you'll be making mudpies in your rad.

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #13  
milkman said:
JeremyL said:
I glued it back with Gorilla glue, has held ever since.

How long has the Gorilla glue been holding? It is easier than epoxie, but I only want to do this once.

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #14  
On my BX2200, it will start to run hot when mowing when the radiator fins get too clogged up. Things can look clean enough, but you need to make sure the radiator fins are totally blown out, especially behind the battery. This area is hard to get to but really makes a difference. I usually don't clean mine until it start running warm on the guage. Hope this helps.

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #15  
JeremyL said:
milkman said:
How long has the Gorilla glue been holding? It is easier than epoxie, but I only want to do this once.

That's been at least two yrs. now, the hardest part was getting the glue between the foam and the frame, I used a long handled gasket scraper to get the glue spread, it was only loose down about six inches from the top.

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #16  
thanks for posting about cleaning behind the screen. i had been keeping the screen clean but my tractor was still running hot. i saw your post and went and used my air compressor and cleaned the fins and all around where the screen is. now the temperatur is back to normal. thanks very much

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #17  
My BX2200 will overheat this way too, especially when brushhogging as there is so much airborne debris. I have to keep the exterior vent wiped off every 5 min., and have to stop every hour to pull the inner pre-screen that's behind the battery. As far as the radiator face itself, the easiest method I've found is to take the shop vac hose with the long narrow wand and slip it in behind the battery. Some folks use a compressor with a blow nozzle to blast from the engine compartment in the opposite direction. I believe that either of these methods is more efficient than brushing the fins out with a toothbrush.

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #18  
I am back with the same problem: My MX5000 is overheating after about 20 minutes of bushhogging
Fan belt is OK.
Radiator is clean, clean, clean.
I changed the coolant in May.
Radiator gets hot, so the thermostat isn't stuck shut.
Bushhog gear box doesn't get hot and is full of gear oil.

I am stuck. Anyone have any good ideas so that I don't have to turn my paycheck over to the dealer?
Would changing the transmission oil help? It was replaced at 50 hours, and I now have 370 hours.

THANKS.

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #19  
I am back with the same problem: My MX5000 is overheating after about 20 minutes of bushhogging
Fan belt is OK.
Radiator is clean, clean, clean.
I changed the coolant in May.
Radiator gets hot, so the thermostat isn't stuck shut.
Bushhog gear box doesn't get hot and is full of gear oil.

I am stuck. Anyone have any good ideas so that I don't have to turn my paycheck over to the dealer?
Would changing the transmission oil help? It was replaced at 50 hours, and I now have 370 hours.

THANKS.
Do you have a mechanical gauge you can use in place of the electric one or non contact thermometer you can use on the top hose to see how hot is getting?

/ Temperature Gauge is Running Hot after 30 Minutes #20  
When my temperature gauge goes up beyond normal when bush-cutting, the screens in the grille and side panels are clogged with chaff. I find the rad is always clean and there is usually a very small bit of debris on the rad screen. Once I clean the grille and side panel screens, the temp goes back to normal.