Tires B3030 Loaded Rear Tires

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #1  

GMCKIRCH

I have a question? I currently own a B3030 with a LA403 loader and a 72" deck. 80% of the tractors time is spent mowing grass and hauling a small trailer, But every once in a while I get doing so loader work and the rear end get very light. How much soil compaction would loading the rear tires lead to. Like everyone else in the northeat USA the gound is soft during the spring nad hard as a rock during the summer. Any thoughts on soil compaction would be greatly appriciated.

Steve

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #2  
I have loaded turfs on my B3030 HSDC (rim guard) no excess compaction issues at all. I dont have any need to use a weight box for light/medium duty fel work & the extra # are a great asset for snow removal & landscape construction.

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #3  
With my B7800 I have loaded Turfs with Rim Guard ~ 200 pounds per tire. When I mow no issues with the rear tires, only the fronts if I turn on the dime (which the tractor can do) then I leave marks on the lawn. The ballast helps when I am using my FEL, you need the weight back there.

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #4  
GMCKIRCH said:
I have a question? I currently own a B3030 with a LA403 loader and a 72" deck. 80% of the tractors time is spent mowing grass and hauling a small trailer, But every once in a while I get doing so loader work and the rear end get very light. How much soil compaction would loading the rear tires lead to. Like everyone else in the northeat USA the gound is soft during the spring nad hard as a rock during the summer. Any thoughts on soil compaction would be greatly appriciated.

Steve

Loaded tires help with stabilty and traction...but if you really want to keep that back end down, get a ballast box (or build one).
You'll want at least 75% of your loader's lift capacity in that ballast box. The 75% is MY estimate...see what your manual says about ballast.
If you do get a ballast box, always install the loader first, then rig the ballast box to your 3PH

Once you're done with the loader...remove the ballast box...no problem with soil compaction.

As far as compaction with filled tires, I have no problem with my 790's tires. But I'm sure B3030 owners will post their experiences.

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #5  
I have a B3030 and the same loader. I use a ballast box instead of loaded tires. Only time the rear end has felt "light" on me was one time when I scooped a HEAPING bucket load of damp..finely ground topsoil. But I had to take it slow anyway because I didnt want to spill any on the street I had to come down to my home.

I can load them anytime I wish...but getting them UNloaded aint all that easy.

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #6  
Sully2 said:
I have a B3030 and the same loader. I use a ballast box instead of loaded tires.

I agree 100%, for loader work, ballast on the rear is ideal, provides traction, keeps the rear end on the ground with a heavy load in the bucket, and for me, one of the most important reasons of the ballast on the TPH is that it takes significant portion of the load off the front end. I still have my rear tires filled, but it is for traction when I need it doing things other than loader work.

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #7  
I have a b3030 with the cab and when I do loader work, I usually either have my 60" tiller or heavy duty woods box blade on the rear (about 400 - 500lbs). That makes a world of difference. I have thought about getting the rimguard treatment on the rear tires as well but have not needed it even with gravel or wet soil transport. Just my .02.

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires
Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to have the tires loaded after I do my 50 hr. service. which should be sometime in August.

Steve

/ B3030 Loaded Rear Tires #9  
Just to throw my 2 cents in; I have the rears on my L2800 loaded. I also use ballast when doing loader work.

I do mow my lawn with the tractor, using a finish mower. No problems with the R4s tearing up the yard.