NOSTALGIA!!

/ NOSTALGIA!! #1  

lawn_king

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!
I was boom spraying with the 3030 this morning (broadleaf weed control) on 2 side by side residential accounts (35000 SQ. FT.) that i have serviced since 1977. A wave of nostalgia hit me and i actually shut down my machine. I sat there for 20 minutes, looking at the american chestnut & copper beach trees that have grown with me over 3 decades. It was a perfect new england day, and i couldnt help but reflect on how 30 years ago i was treating these same lawns with my 12.5 HP cub cadets. I stopped to smell the roses and think about how lucky i am to be a grass farmer! Happy fathers day to all you good tractor people! Sincerely,Lawn King.

/ NOSTALGIA!! #2  
lawn_king said:
It was a perfect new england day, and i couldnt help but reflect on how 30 years ago i was treating these same lawns with my 12.5 HP cub cadets. I stopped to smell the roses and think about how lucky i am to be a grass farmer! Happy fathers day to all you good tractor people! Sincerely,Lawn King.

When I get onto my B7800, I reminisce of when I was 10 years old (1968) and use to cut 4 neighbors lawns for $3.50 each using an old push Craftsman lawnmower. At the age of 48 I don't want to think how many lawns that I cut growing up including my parents. I had to laugh when a fellow engineer at work said that he was buying a new house at the age of 44 and that he NEVER cut a lawn in his life! As I mentioned above I was cutting neighbors lawns at 10, but my father had me cutting our lawn when I was going on 9. He actually cut the bar down so that I was able to reach it while pushing. Boy I sure do love the Kubota :)

/ NOSTALGIA!! #3  
Very good thoughts on watching things grow. We have been in the same home for 35 years. It great to see all the tree and other plantings reach their full growth. Almost like watching your kids grow up. Only not as complicated.
Happy Fathers Day.

/ NOSTALGIA!! #4  
Like Y'all I was 9 or 10 when i started cutting grass with a reel push mower (no motor) . As I grew I cut more and more I was cutting the pastures and hay at 12 with a IH 424 and Ford 8N. Then I had children and after a few years I was able to sit on the porch and watch them cut the lawn :D . But now all my children have grown and gone so I have been brought out of moth balls once again to keep the yards cut. I guess that means I have traveled full circle?

But you know i do have Grand kids that will soon be of age to start the process over again. :) :) :)

Happy Fathers Day all