no start, no dash lights - help

/ no start, no dash lights - help #1  

jvicars

I have searched the threads here and tried to figure this out. I have a 94 m7030. This happened once before where the dash just would not show anything when the key was turned and not start either (after i hit a large pipe while bushing, it shut down). last time i jumped the solenoid and it started right up. this time the tractor has been sitting for about 2 weeks. battery is strong. i checked everything thing and nothing on the dash comes on except the dash light up function. No glow plugs etc. so i jumped the solenoid to the starter and it just turns over and no starting. i checked the kill switch and it appears fine. it seems like its not getting fuel. I banged on the fuel solenoid a bit for fun and nothing. ideas? its just turns over and not starting when i jump it. The dash lights not working as well makes me think its related more to that issue but i did fix it before however that is when it shut down when i hit a big pipe while running the bush hog. same issue and i jumped it right up and the lights came back on. no starting this time. HELP.

/ no start, no dash lights - help #2  
It sounds electrical… Check the fuses, also check the LARGE fuse that supplies the small fuses, this should be on large (around 8 gage) wire from the large lug on the starter solenoid.
You can also look at the injector pump, where the fuel kill solenoid is linked to the injector pump, there is a lever that says OFF… manually move it away from off and it will get fuel to the injectors IF there is fuel available to that pump… If you have an electric primary fuel pump, you will need to track down where you are loosing power first.
When checking fuses always remove them and then re-plug them, that way if there is a bad connection at the fuse base it will have a chance to clean itself when you re-plug it… Good luck, happy hunting… post back with what you find. KennyV.

/ no start, no dash lights - help #3  
Start by cleaning all of your electrical contacts both positive and negative. If your not getting good connections it won't help. From there you can try a new battery and eliminate things 1 by 1.

/ no start, no dash lights - help
update-

I followed the fuel and found i was not getting it out of the injector pump. Still no lights at the dash and key wont work. i tried to jump it to the solenoid without luck. then i look on the backside of the injector pump and noticed a wire. i jumped the wire to the 12v and got it started. So now i have:

ignition does not work
fuel gauge works
rpm guage works
temp guage does not work
all lights on bottom of panel dont turn on.

i know its electrical but dont know were to start. i was thinking the ignition would be a good first place but want some experienced advice. HELP.

Thanks.

its a 94 m7030.

/ no start, no dash lights - help #5  
Electrical problems can be tedious to track, but start at the battery and work to key switch and “Check the fuses, also check the LARGE fuse that supplies the small fuses, this should be on large (around 8 gage) wire from the large lug on the starter solenoid.”
Good luck and do post back with your discoveries… KennyV.

/ no start, no dash lights - help #6  
Since you have some power to the dash… the main fuse is ? ok?? There may be a bad connector at one of the relays or one of the fuses… un-plug and re-plug them until you get a change… KennyV.