HD Top Link Bracket Installation

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #1  

Youare

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000
After reading about tractor damage sustained through excessive strain to the top link mount by implements that pull on the mount instead of pushing against it I installed the heavy duty bracket on my L3000DT.

Thanks to Hayden for providing part numbers for these parts, the dealer said he didn't know where look. The parts ran about $70.00 for everything. The installation took only about an hour.

My brother works as a mech. at the local New Holland dealership, they just started selling a 3PH winch. I asked him if they recommended the HD brackets when they sold a winch for the compact tractors. Both he and another mech. looked at each other and said we never thought of that but that is a good point.

I feel better now using my rear blade and 3PH winch.

Randy

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #2  
Has anyone been able to determine the part numbers for the B2400?

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation
Hayden posted a part illustration attachment under top links a little while back. This illistrated the top link pieces for the B-series and the L-series.

The bracket part number on that sheet is; 70050-00540
It looks like there are two bolt types and two lock washers necessary also; 75599-32113 3/8 flat washer
75599-02330 3/8-24 X 1 1/2 bolt, 0153-51035 M10-1.5 X 35 bolt, 04512-50100 M10 lock washer.

Randy

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #4  
Randy,

Congratulations on getting the deed done. I bought the HD bracket, but a nasty case of the flu has had me sidelined for the past week. Now the weather warmer and the yard is too squishy to move the tractor. Wierd winter!

Were there any surprises on the swap? It sounds like you just have to undo the two fasteners holding the seat plate to access the top of the case. True? Any helpful hints greatly apreciated!

John Bud

John,

There are four bolts that hold the seat track to mounting brackets bolted to the top of the tractor. When you tip the seat foward the bolts are easy to get to after you tip the seat back buckle the seat belt together, it will hold the seat to the base. The seat and track is fairly heavy and it will pinch your fingers as the hinge allows the track to swing away from the seat.

There is a rear seat brace that fastens to brackets on the inside of the fenders, it you have a FEL there is also a hydraulic hose clamp on this brace, you need to remove the brace.

The package of stuff I got from the dealer included some of the bolts needed to mount the new bracket, but not all of what was necessary. There are two plates that bolt to the top of the tractor which the seat was bolted to that are held on with six bolts, those will have to be removed. Because the HD bracket is about 3/8 inch thick all the old bolts will have to be replaced with longer ones.

The (4) bolts that held the seat track on, the (6) bolts that held the mounting plates to the tractor top, the (6) bolts that hold the top link angle iron brackets all need to be longer by 3/8 inch or by 10 mm. All the bolts on my L3000 are metric, it appears on some other models there is a mixture of mertic and American thread.

I had to make a trip to the hardware store to get a bunch of new bolts, the dealer supplied the correct bolts that hold the top link angle iron brackets, these are fine thread bolts I think M14, not available everywhere so make sure you get them from a tractor supply or industrial supply house. All but the seat bolts are a high grade bolt, better than grade 5.

There is a hydraulic line return hose that you have to disconnect, there is no pressure in this line. With the package of goodies I got, a new hose fitting was supplied that is a little longer. This is a pipe threaded fitting which should have some pipe sealant applied to the threads before installation. Becareful if you use teflon pipe tape that you do not allow any tape to get into the oil, loose tape can get stuck in valves and pump parts. Just make sure your first wrap of tape is one full thread back and you won't have a problem.

I don't know what the toqure specs. are for all the mounting bolts, all I can say is they were really tight when I removed them, so I tried to put them back the same way. Once you have every thing stripped off place the new part on and replace all the old mounting brackets on top and bolt things back together. There is a spacer bar that goes under the front seat track mount holes. I found it was easier to start the rear seat track mount bolts nad then slip the spacer bar in place.

You should not have any problems.

Randy

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #6  
How can you tell if you have the heavy duty versus the light duty? I assume they installed the heavier one when the installed my backhoe kit, but I can't be sure.

The heavy duty bracket is a wide, 6"-7", L shaped piece. It bolts to the back of the differencial housing, vertical surface, as well as the top, horizontal surface. The non-heavy duty bracket consists of two seperate L shaped pieces each with three bolt holes that bolt to the vertical surface on the diff.

I would assume if the dealer installed the backhoe you should have the proper bracket.

Randy

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #8  
Good description of the difference, but I wouldn't assume the dealer did it right. It's amazing how many seem to be unaware of the HD top link brackets.

Peter

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #9  
Rob
I don’t what a 3010 bracket would look like. But here is a picture that shows both for a 27-2910.
2-68537-toplinkbracket.jpg

The one on left is heavy duty.

/ HD Top Link Bracket Installation #10  
Just for Information:

I think the tractors should have come originally with the heavy duty top link; however, I asked the head mechanic at my dealership how many Kubotas he'd seen with a busted rear axle housing and he said he's never seen one. I didn't think to ask him how long he's been working there; I've only known him about six and a half years.