L39 Stabilizer Arms

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms #1  

jrock

Tractor
Kubota L39
My L39 has developed a constant squeak when lowering/raising the Stabilizer arm when operating the backhoe. I have greased it at all positions (raised,lowerd.midway,etc). I do notice when it gets to a certain area when
raising/lowering i can see it shift .25-.50 of a inch where it attaches to the backhoe. The other stabilizer does not move at all and has "No" squeak. I talked to the dealer mechanic, he told me there are shims/bushings in that area. Im thinking one may have been left out during manufacturing process?
Or could i have bent the piston slightly? (I cant see anything noticable)
Do any of the other L39 owners notice any play/slop in that pivot area?
Or any trouble shooting ideas? Its still under warrenty, but i have to pay for pickup/delivery or at least one way.... This is "No" stepped on a mouse kind of squeak. It is LOUD!
Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks
John

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms #2  
Wish I could Help?

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms #3  
This is "No" stepped on a mouse kind of squeak. It is LOUD!
Any ideas/suggestions?

Hi John,

I fully appreciate the financial hit to help with the transportation, but I would suggest that you have it assessed by the mechanic. By your description, I believe that you are looking at a repair or a replacement. While its under warranty, you might as well have it addressed. And, while it's there, ask if they will give you a courtesy check on all of your hoses, your grease fittings, your fluids, and etc.

If they'll do that, it will make the transport cost seem more worthwhile.

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms #4  
jrock said:
My L39 has developed a constant squeak when lowering/raising the Stabilizer arm when operating the backhoe. I have greased it at all positions (raised,lowerd.midway,etc). I do notice when it gets to a certain area when
raising/lowering i can see it shift .25-.50 of a inch where it attaches to the backhoe. The other stabilizer does not move at all and has "No" squeak. I talked to the dealer mechanic, he told me there are shims/bushings in that area. Im thinking one may have been left out during manufacturing process?
Or could i have bent the piston slightly? (I cant see anything noticable)
Do any of the other L39 owners notice any play/slop in that pivot area?
Or any trouble shooting ideas? Its still under warrenty, but i have to pay for pickup/delivery or at least one way.... This is "No" stepped on a mouse kind of squeak. It is LOUD!
Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks
John

Jrock you got me curious so I went out and danced around every which way I could think of with my stabilizers. I knew I didn’t have a squeak so I was looking for movement at the pivot point. None at all that I can see. A quarter to a half inch movement is a lot! I would think it would have to be the bushing in the cylinder end and/or the pin. You see backhoes with a lot of hours get loose in the joints, rarely in the stabilizer though.

I’m wondering if a bushing got left out at the factory. How many hours do you have on your L39? Did you ever notice movement at the pivot point before the squeak started?

MarkV

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms
MarkV
Thanks for looking over your Machine to confirm what i was thinking.
I Have approx 330 Hrs on Team Bota. 90% of that is Grapple/Bucket use.
I did not notice any movement at the pivot point, until the squeak started.
I thought it seemed odd that one side is rock solid and the other has slop/play
in it. Its tough to to tell if something is missing, by just looking.
I reckon i should just bight the bullet and tell the dealer to come pick it up.
(I dont have a trailer or truck big enough to haul it.)
Thanks again
John

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms #6  
I believe I would bite the bullet and get it into the dealer under warranty. I’ve priced out bushing and pins for my B21 and they do not give them away. If you have put 330 hours on during the warranty time you are using the tractor and it has paid for the trip to the dealer. Let us know the end result. I’ve become curious what the problem really is.

Good luck,
MarkV

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms
MarkV & Mike69440 & TBN Gang,
I officially get the Kubota Dumb A-- Award this week! I discoverd what the cause of the squeak was...(By Accident) While useing the Backhoe over the weekend i noticed i had somehow caught the foot step on the Backhoe
on something and bent it out almost 90 degrees. (The side where the squeak was) Yep, no more squeak when lifting & lowering! I guess i had backed into something before and it was rubbing on the stabilizer arm... Causing the squeak... Yes, im feeling stupid. I did save myself a trip to the dealer though.
Now, how to bend it back with out breaking?
Thanks for everyones time.
John

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms #8  
Did that take care of the play at the pivot point? I'd hate to admit how many times I've won the weekly award.

MarkV

/ L39 Stabilizer Arms
MarkV,
It did seem to take the play out of the pivot point. Im going to take some Pics
of the area and post em.