Turf Special owners....

/ Turf Special owners.... #11  
I bought a 7510 hst turf dec. 2005. I have 192 hrs. Don't worry much about the mmm, once you get usd to adjusting and removing it's a breeze. The mmm cuts good enough, not as good as my neighbors bx23 though. My best cut is with sharp blades, 1800 rpm plus and not too fast. I bought a 4' Howse rottary cutter and goes through 3' high alfalfa fairly well in low. It ripps small tres and bushes to nothing,(2000 rpm minimun) The 302 fel pushes snow like crazy,lifts two fifty gallon drums of water,( 800 lbs.) I have a post hole digger and it works real nice at low rpm. I rotto till with my 4' Howard tiller, and turns topsoil into sifted soil at high rpm's if soil is moist. All in all I am very rough with my tractor. I actually beat it bad sometimes. The only problems I had are the mmm wheel broke off twice, fel joystick froze up once, and four flat tires. The front tires turfs are four ply and a little wimpy, but have had no leaks with the back tires. I would buy it all over again. It has always had enough to get the job done. The only time I wish I had more tractor(7800 hst) is when I cut the high grass for our church and that's 22 ac. of grass, weeds and alfalfa. I gets the job done but I sure get sick of cutting it three times a year. I would love to get a 7800 to pull a 6' rottary cutter, but it's not enough to justify the money. You won't be unhappy with the 7510 and most people under estimate the power of a 21 horse diesel.

/ Turf Special owners....
Thanks for the response!
It seems your uses are more demanding than what I plan to be doing, and it's good to hear that the 7510 is up to the task!
Chuck

/ Turf Special owners.... #13  
Chuck,
Look at it this way. You can do anything with the Turf Special as any of the BX tractors plus you have more ground clearance, a little more FEL power and 3pt lift height. Some of the guys here do some scary amount of work with the BX units so read those posts as well. It is well worth it.
easygo