service bulletins

/ service bulletins #11  
Whats the recall number for the fender repair?
" " " " battery cover replacement?
" " " " replacement grips replacement?
" " " " gage cluster replacement?

I know the seat replacement recall number is PIB-2007-027.

Thanks?

/ service bulletins #12  
timalabim said:
Any reason that Kubota published service bulletins can not be posted on this board? ...

Would it be possible for some of the Kubota dealers who frequent TBN (several do so incognito) to offer a helpful response to Tim's important question please?

/ service bulletins #13  
I'm thinking that if a safety factors not involved, you'll be lucky to hear anything from Kubota. If it wasn't for TBN, I would not have learned about any of the several updates, recall campaign, service bulletins, or whatever you want to call them. There has been several major updated fixes for problems with my series of tractor, and others, that I feel should have never left the factory with. This site has been great for exchanging informatgion between other Kubota tractor owners and without it, I would have given up on my Kubota and probably would have never given Kubota another shot in the future
I have had some problems with Kubota, but I have seen results from them. It may take some time, but presistance pays, but every owner that has a problem tractor that Kubota knows that exist, I feel should be notified by Kubota. Not every owner surfs the net. It would not be that hard for Kubota to do this and in the long run would make many more satisfied customers. It doesn't take much bad reputation to ruin a great one that Kubota has had for several years.

/ service bulletins #14  
if the dealer doesn't call where else can we find info of recalls? I may be dumb but I don't know any place else other then looking thru posts!

/ service bulletins
NoviceguyInCT said:

QUOTE]

Hey Novice or anyone else, can you confirm that this is the number for the "New" seat, and not the original BX24 Safety recall for the seat bolt?

/ service bulletins #16  
Not everyone is the same, we've had three tractor's that we picked up out of garages this spring that with good intentions people wanted to fix their own equipment. What a mess and often costing more then it should have! Who's to draw the line here? Kubota does send oout notification of all undates to it's customers unlike other lines.

Im going to have to politely disagree here , I bought 3 pieces of brand new kubota equipment and hadnt got the first thing from kubota regarding bulletins recalls and just found out the very hard way that kubota has a known issue with 3430 and backhoe pointing downhill that burns up the hydraulic pump, spoke to the dealer and its a break fix notifications so your at your dealers mercy

/ service bulletins #17  
Whats the recall number for the fender repair?
" " " " battery cover replacement?
" " " " replacement grips replacement?
" " " " gage cluster replacement?

Thanks?

It seems that Recalls and Service Bulletins (PIBs) are often lumped together here when they are very different animals.

A recall is usually only issued when a significant safety issue is involved (think Toyota uncontrolled acceleration) or there is a defect in the product that will almost certainly cause a major failure. They are sometimes the result of some government agency's mandate. Under a recall, the manufacturer usually notifies the last known owner, and advises him how to get the problem corrected. Recalls are tremendously expensive as extensive documentaton and record keeping may be required. Also, eliminating the potential problem may be required on every unit although it might be an issue on only a few. The only recall I can remember, involved replacement of a small seat bolt and retainer on the BX that could possibly loosen. In that case Kubota USA sent letters.

All the other items mentioned are PIBs intended to instruct the dealer on how to proceed if the owner returns the machine with the specific problem. Since the problem may actually occur in only some units, they are usually a repair on failure item.

As a side note, service bulletins are very common in the automotive industry and are almost never communicated to the end customer. I would expect that no manufacturer intentionally publishes those to the public, and that none notify customers of all service bulletins. Service bulletins do not, as a rule, provide warranty coverage beyond the original warranty period, although there are exceptions. It seems that tractor manufacturers follow the same procedures.

TBN members have provided lots of information on PIBs that would not have been available to most of us. We have been able to get repairs made or have gotten updated parts that we would likely never have known existed. This is one of the benefits of our participation in the TBN forums.