service bulletins

/ service bulletins #1  

timalabim

Silver Member
Any reason that Kubota published service bulletins can not be posted on this board?

If it is possible, I would suggest a "sticky" post for each model containing the list of all published service bulletins so that all of us could be made aware of their existance.

It could be helpful for members to have this information when contacting service departments that aren't as forthcoming as some, or that don't do as good a job of keeping up with the information as the best service department do.

For example it would be nice if when having a service done you could just give a list to the service manager and ask to make sure that all of the relevant bulletins are addressed.

/ service bulletins #2  
That is a great idea!

To the best of my knowledge, Service Bulletins have only been issued to dealers and have always been kept out of public view. Too much info can be very costly for manufacturers. Excellent forums like TBN tend to make manufacturers uneasy, because far too many problems are made public, far too quickly.

It would be great if TBN could play a small role in helping to change the current situation.

/ service bulletins
lp333 said:
Excellent forums like TBN tend to make manufacturers uneasy, because far too many problems are made public, far too quickly.

It could be a benefit to the manufacturer that instead of people getting p.o.ed about a problem, they could see that the manufacturer is standing behind their product and is indeed providing resolution to issues. I think that most people realize that some problems will crop up, especially in a new model of a product, and will accept this if they know that the manufacturer will take care of them.

/ service bulletins #4  
Not everyone is the same, we've had three tractor's that we picked up out of garages this spring that with good intentions people wanted to fix their own equipment. What a mess and often costing more then it should have! Who's to draw the line here? Kubota does send oout notification of all undates to it's customers unlike other lines.

/ service bulletins #5  
art said:
Not everyone is the same, we've had three tractor's that we picked up out of garages this spring that with good intentions people wanted to fix their own equipment. What a mess and often costing more then it should have! Who's to draw the line here? Kubota does send oout notification of all undates to it's customers unlike other lines.

But what about the people that didn't purchase their equipment new or from a dealer. I for bought a used Kubota, and I'm sure that Kubota has no idea that I own their product. It would be helpful to those of us in this boat to have the service bulletins posted some where.

Just my .02 cents.

-Scot

/ service bulletins
art said:
Kubota does send oout notification of all undates to it's customers unlike other lines.

For my BX24, the only notice I ever received was regarding the saftey recall for the seat. Never got anything regarding the fender, fender support, battery cover, replacement grips, or gage cluster.

If not for this forum, I would not have known about the availability of these and sure would have been in more of a panic when my fender cracked last weekend. As it was I had already planned to have the supports put in when my 100hr service came up. So when I heard the "CRACK" I just knew that I had to make a call on Monday and I would be taken care of.

/ service bulletins #7  
art said:
Kubota does send oout notification of all undates to it's customers unlike other lines.

I have a BX1800, still being paid for through Kuboata Credit. I've never heard a thing from Kubota.

/ service bulletins #8  
I have a BX2200 and an L3830 and have never received any notices other that sales info.

/ service bulletins #9  
If the air cleaner issue on the BX tractors is any indication of how Kubota deals with problems and defective part issues, they are definitely lacking in communication. I had the air cleaner bracket replace under warranty 3 times, and even the last one has broken. I believe that they stuck there head in the sand on that issue, knowing that if they kept replacing those that complained, it would still be less expensive than a full blown recall to properly resolve the issue. I like my Kubota tractor, and my Kubota dealer, but I absolutely dislike the type of response that Kubota has done on the air cleaner broken bracket problem.

/ service bulletins #10  
I have equipment from three different dealers. Only one of them followed up on informing me of service issues for a time.

Figure that out.

If it wasn't for the internet, I'd be in the dark on what to watch out for.

I think Kubota and JD service networks are the issue and not the corporations.

FWIW

-Mike Z.

timalabim said:
Any reason that Kubota published service bulletins can not be posted on this board?

If it is possible, I would suggest a "sticky" post for each model containing the list of all published service bulletins so that all of us could be made aware of their existance.

It could be helpful for members to have this information when contacting service departments that aren't as forthcoming as some, or that don't do as good a job of keeping up with the information as the best service department do.

For example it would be nice if when having a service done you could just give a list to the service manager and ask to make sure that all of the relevant bulletins are addressed.