Tractor
    Kubota L5240

Default Front or rear mount snow blower??

I have a 5240 with cab. I was thinking of adding a snow blower this year. Which would be the better fit for this tractor. I have a driveway about 1200 ft long.

Tractor
    BX-1860, L3940HSTC, B7500, Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Default Re: Front or rear mount snow blower??

Quote Originally Posted by WVnewbe
    I have a 5240 with cab. I was thinking of adding a snow blower this year. Which would be the better fit for this tractor. I have a driveway about 1200 ft long.

Front mount for me.
    Kevin

BX1860, mower, snowblower - B7500HST, FEL, Bush Hog - Grand L3940 HSTC, FEL, snowblower, 6' Landpride brush hog, 6' King Kutter tiller, Corn Pro 18+5 Fifth Wheel, 1950 Farmall M, Farmall 560D

Tractor
    Kubota B3030 loaded!

Front is a whole lot better, but also a whole lot more money... I had a 4' rear blower on my TC18 - cost me $500 used. I bought a 5' front blower for my B3030 - cost me near $5,000 with all the gadgets - hitch, electric deflector, hydraulic rotator.

A good rear blower is ~$2,000 +/- depending on size & features.
    Hazmat

Tractor
    kubota L 3540 hsdc,B 2320 hsdc & lots of other stuff!

My kubota 2782 front blower w/hydraulic chute rotator was $4400. That was 2 years ago. Its a beautiful implement, all the fine machine work on the components is very impressive, right down to the little rubber grease fitting covers on the main auger bearings.

Tractor
    Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota B2320 w/FEL, Allis-Chalmers D10

I've had both but use a front mounted blower now. I never minded the rear mount but you can be a lot more precise with the front mount in close quarters. If the cost doesn't bother you go with the front mount.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Currently own a BX25

Quote Originally Posted by WVnewbe
    ... I was thinking of adding a snow blower this year. Which would be the better fit for this tractor...
    I recommend a new type of rear snowblower – it is referred to as the “pull type”, or the “reversed” or “inverted” snowblower. The reversed snowblower is easy and pleasant to operate compared to the conventional rear mounted 3pt design which I was using previously. The inverted design has the advantage of doubling as a type of boxblade to scrape a light snow fall away very quickly. I especially like the ability to use both the blower AND the loader options in winter. The inverted design works well, and there is no problem with packing the snow with the tires. I also like being able to drag the snow out of difficult spaces where blowing is not feasible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently own a BX25 - Once had a BX24... a BX23... a BX22... and a B7100HSD... All great workhorses!

Tractor
    Bobcat CT235

Gotta go forwards! It's pricy because ya gotta add the lift, unlike the rear. But you can always add a broom or blade since you've already got the lift.

Here's my wife running ours
    New...
    Bobcat CT235
    72" RFM, 72" SB, 7TL Loader & 7TB Backhoe

60" Worksaver Box Blade
    48" Tebbens Bush Hog
    25 Gal 10' 3PH Sprayer