Snow Front or rear mount snow blower??

/ Front or rear mount snow blower?? #1  

WVnewbe

Tractor
Kubota L5240
I have a 5240 with cab. I was thinking of adding a snow blower this year. Which would be the better fit for this tractor. I have a driveway about 1200 ft long.

/ Front or rear mount snow blower?? #2  
WVnewbe said:
I have a 5240 with cab. I was thinking of adding a snow blower this year. Which would be the better fit for this tractor. I have a driveway about 1200 ft long.

Front mount for me.

/ Front or rear mount snow blower?? #3  
Front is a whole lot better, but also a whole lot more money... I had a 4' rear blower on my TC18 - cost me $500 used. I bought a 5' front blower for my B3030 - cost me near $5,000 with all the gadgets - hitch, electric deflector, hydraulic rotator.

A good rear blower is ~$2,000 +/- depending on size & features.

/ Front or rear mount snow blower?? #4  
My kubota 2782 front blower w/hydraulic chute rotator was $4400. That was 2 years ago. Its a beautiful implement, all the fine machine work on the components is very impressive, right down to the little rubber grease fitting covers on the main auger bearings.

/ Front or rear mount snow blower?? #5  
I've had both but use a front mounted blower now. I never minded the rear mount but you can be a lot more precise with the front mount in close quarters. If the cost doesn't bother you go with the front mount.

/ Front or rear mount snow blower?? #6  
WVnewbe said:
... I was thinking of adding a snow blower this year. Which would be the better fit for this tractor...

I recommend a new type of rear snowblower – it is referred to as the “pull type”, or the “reversed” or “inverted” snowblower. The reversed snowblower is easy and pleasant to operate compared to the conventional rear mounted 3pt design which I was using previously. The inverted design has the advantage of doubling as a type of boxblade to scrape a light snow fall away very quickly. I especially like the ability to use both the blower AND the loader options in winter. The inverted design works well, and there is no problem with packing the snow with the tires. I also like being able to drag the snow out of difficult spaces where blowing is not feasible.

Attachments

• 1-BX23_AgroTrend C48PBH.jpg
    1-BX23_AgroTrend C48PBH.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 994
  • 2-BX23_AgroTrend C48PBH.jpg
    2-BX23_AgroTrend C48PBH.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 641
   / Front or rear mount snow blower?? #7  
Gotta go forwards! It's pricy because ya gotta add the lift, unlike the rear. But you can always add a broom or blade since you've already got the lift.:D

Here's my wife running ours:cool: