New warranty BX seat!

/ New warranty BX seat!
fishpick said:
But here's the rub... When I talked to him about the seat and ordered it - I asked him about the new welded on supports for the fenders I see on the new BX24's... he told me - not a problem - he will set me up with a support kit when I come get the new seat... GREAT DEALER!

So - tonight - jumping off the tractor - loud POP... I didn't even turn around - knew exactly what it was...

Looks like I'll have a some new fenders under that new seat!

I wouldnt' sweat it. To me it's almost more hassle then it's worth. My fender cracked and I put the support kit on without replacing the fender. It makes the deck very very stiff, nice kit they made. My fender crack was small enough that now I don't know if I really even care about it. It won't get worse once you put the support kit in.

/ New warranty BX seat! #102  
MOPAULY said:
I wouldnt' sweat it. To me it's almost more hassle then it's worth. My fender cracked and I put the support kit on without replacing the fender. It makes the deck very very stiff, nice kit they made. My fender crack was small enough that now I don't know if I really even care about it. It won't get worse once you put the support kit in.

I sold my BX-1850 and was happy to see it go.

POS-so bad Kubota will replace it next year.

Cost me about $2000 but it was a great investment- - - seeing it go !!!

I will never buy a BX anything again and don't mind telling the world about it.

Me buying a Kubota ZTR and a bigger "B" series-no problem, did it. Plan on doing it again every 3 years.

/ New warranty BX seat! #103  
MOPAULY - I was thinking that last night after I actually looked at it. It's very small and if I ever get the seat and stiffener - I may fore-go the hassle of the fender replacement.

Buster57 - If someday there is a size jump - it will be to an L now that we have 35 acres... but - so far - the BX24 has been doing a great job around here.
Also - for me - I can NEVER own another tractor without the back hoe... BEST ATTACHMENT EVER. You don't sure it every day like a FEL - but there is absolutely no substitution for it when you need it... so - to dump the BX24 (which I'm not planning on) and go to a L series with a BH - I'd need a second mortgage!
OTOH, if you are selling every 3 years... ohh wait, OR., that's a bit of a haul to NY.. :D

/ New warranty BX seat! #104  
o yeah, this baby's going over 10,000...

/ New warranty BX seat!
fishpick said:
MOPAULY - I was thinking that last night after I actually looked at it. It's very small and if I ever get the seat and stiffener - I may fore-go the hassle of the fender replacement.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how well the fender kit works. After you have it in you'll see 0 flex in the deck, makes it really nice.

/ New warranty BX seat! #106  
MOPAULY said:
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as to how well the fender kit works. After you have it in you'll see 0 flex in the deck, makes it really nice.

I completely agree. I broke my fender, replaced it with the new one, then installed the step kit. The step kit is pretty amazing. When you unpack the thing it is a little confusing, but installed it makes complete sense when you see that all forces are transferred to the frame and the fender is pretty much out of the picture.
Does anybody else notice that the handle on the right fender doesn't seem very stable after the kit is installed? Mine is a little flimsy, but I just attribute that to the fact that the handle was designed to transfer weight to the frame via the fender, but that avenue is disrupted by the step kit.

/ New warranty BX seat!
I may have noticed that, I would have to go back out to the garage and check.

/ New warranty BX seat!
Buster57 said:
I sold my BX-1850 and was happy to see it go.

POS-so bad Kubota will replace it next year.

Cost me about $2000 but it was a great investment- - - seeing it go !!!

I will never buy a BX anything again and don't mind telling the world about it.

Me buying a Kubota ZTR and a bigger "B" series-no problem, did it. Plan on doing it again every 3 years.

I wouldn't compare the BX1850 to the BX24. If you had bought a 24, maybe you would still own it?

/ New warranty BX seat! #109  
NJDiverDan said:
Have any of you guys that ordered seats from Messicks received them? Mine has been on back order for just over a month and was wondering if anyone on hear actually got one yet?

Same deal here, I ordered a manual at the same time and got that pretty quick, on the paperwork it says the seat is ordered but when I check my order online is says the order is "closed"! I'm hopping they have not forgot my seat!!!

I've sent a couple e-mails to them but they have not been answered yet (auto response says the guy is on holidays). Hope Messick can chime in and give us an educated guess for delivery. The original order said 4 weeks, been way longer than that now. These things must be like gold! :D

/ New warranty BX seat! #110  
Ordered mine 7/17, still says "Back-Ordered". Maybe the fact that yours is closed means it's on its way to you?