New warranty BX seat!

/ New warranty BX seat! #521  
Never had a manufacturer offer a discount to replace something that was not broken...

Still have the old seat... who knows... might need it later down the road.

I've noticed SCUTs manufacturers are spending more attention to seats and layouts... a good thing in a competitive arena.

/ New warranty BX seat! #522  
I bought a BX23 about 3 weeks ago. I'm mainly going to be using it for digging out cedar tree roots with the backhoe. If I was going to be mowing or doing a lot of FEL work with it that would require long hours of seat time, I'd bite the bullet and buy the $200 seat. But for mainly doing backhoe work, I think I can get by with the stock seat.

/ New warranty BX seat! #523  
I bought a BX23 about 3 weeks ago. I'm mainly going to be using it for digging out cedar tree roots with the backhoe. If I was going to be mowing or doing a lot of FEL work with it that would require long hours of seat time, I'd bite the bullet and buy the $200 seat. But for mainly doing backhoe work, I think I can get by with the stock seat.

I could get by with a 2 X 4 for a seat . . . long as there's no nails in it. But having used both the original KB BX seat, the replacement, and the Northern Tools seat 53000BK ($99), either of the two latter is an absolutely HUGH improvement over the original. My advice is do yourself a favor and replace it. Note that the NT seat will require modifying the seat bracket as only two holes line up (I welded on a couple of tabs to make it work).

bumper

/ New warranty BX seat! #524  
I got a replacement for mine at TSC for $99 also. Bet it's the same one as Northern. Since I don't weld, I took a different tact. First, the new seat edges came down so low as to rub the material against the metal mount bracket. So I bought 4 extra long bolts and used 2 over-sized nuts on each bolt as spacers to jack the seat up higher. And then since only 2 holes matched, I drilled 2 new holes in one cross bar of the base mounting bracket to match 2 more of the holes in the new seat. Way better to put in an hour or 2 now.