L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter

/ L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter #1  

xxxsandman

Silver Member
I just purchased an 04 Kubota L48. The bucket does not have any quick disconnects, it is "bolted" to the hinge pins. I would like a skid steer compatible quick disconnect for this machine for pallet forks, hay speers, etc. I believe this is an option when ordering new ones.

Is this an item I will need to go to a Kubota dealer for?
Any idea what it will cost?
Does anybody other then Kubota make something for this machine to adapt it to a skid steer quick disconnect setup? It looks like the pins are fairly standard.
I guess I will need a new skid steer compatible bucket if I convert it as well?

Thanks!

/ L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter #2  
You can buy the adaptor plates to convert your existing bucket and the attachment parts for the FEL. It will require some fabrication but it is worth the effort. Check ATI, they advertise here, or a Bob Cat dealer for the parts.

MarkV

/ L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter #3  
I would get the quick attach for sure, I use my L48 forks and bucket every day, and having to pin them on would be a bummer and unproductive.

/ L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter #4  
MarkV said:
You can buy the adaptor plates to convert your existing bucket and the attachment parts for the FEL. It will require some fabrication but it is worth the effort. Check ATI, they advertise here, or a Bob Cat dealer for the parts.

MarkV

As much as I like to save customers money and frustration I'd recommend trying to trade the standard bucket with pins for one with quick disconnect. Otherwise I have one from an L-48 that is really ready to go with the bracket already welded on by a (Fabricator) that the customer wasn't happy with. Apprently it either lost roll back or dump ability that wasn't satifactory to the customer. ATI's might work but where Kubota builds the Quick attach they have continually been a better price then ATI.

/ L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter
So to clearify.

There is someone that makes an adapter that pins onto the FEL to convert it to skid steer quick disconnect OTHER then Kubota? If so who? Links? Or would it be best to get it from Kubota?

So I understand there is a way to convert my existing bucket to skidsteer compatible? It sounds like it will require some welding, which I'm not afraid of. Where do I find the details or buy the kit to with parts to do this?

/ L48 Skid Steer Quick Disconnect Adapter #6  
ATI makes the conversion adapter, and when I bought mine in 2003 for my L-48, I HAD to buy it from a Kubota dealer even though ATI is located about an hour south of me in New Holland, Pa. They had some type of "licensing agreement" with Kubota at the time that they claimed PROHIBITED them from selling to me directly. Maybe they still do.
I ended up swapping my stock pin-on bucket in on one with the Quick-Tach mount at Carver's. Got the ATI adapter there as well. This was all back in the good ol' days before Kubota put the sprags to internet sales. Got my L-48 there, and saved at least $7,000.00 over the closest Pa. dealer.

leoniru