Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800 HST

Default Re: Oil Leak in L2800?

Daniel,
    My tractor did the same thing and the site glass needed to be replaced. But then I realized that there should not be a site glass with the "oil level kit installed" which was supposed to be done before I purchased my tractor. The dealer recognized the mistake and ordered the oil level kit and now there is a dip stick in place of the site glass.
    By the way there was not a charge for this upgrade since it had to do with quieting the PTO ratcheting noise.
    Hope this helps.
    L2800HST (w/R4's, 3-PT stabalizer, dual filter), LA463, BH75 (subframe & 16" bucket), Landpride: RTR 1553, RB 1572, FDR 1660.

Quote Originally Posted by acresdozen
    Daniel,
    My tractor did the same thing and the site glass needed to be replaced. But then I realized that there should not be a site glass with the "oil level kit installed" which was supposed to be done before I purchased my tractor. The dealer recognized the mistake and ordered the oil level kit and now there is a dip stick in place of the site glass.
    By the way there was not a charge for this upgrade since it had to do with quieting the PTO ratcheting noise.
    Hope this helps.
    Daniel,
    My L3400 did the same thing a few years after I bought her. Cheap plastic sight glass. If you buy a few you will good for years, but if I had a choice to use a dipstick kit in place of the plastic, that is a better alternative.
    Don't over tighten the new plastic sight, you'll be glad you bought two!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12