KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #1  

CampMan

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320, 2012 yr
Kubota’s B & BX Series tractor seat issue is a complete disaster.
This information is long overdue. My business takes me to all of New England. From time to time during the past year and a half I have stopped into numerous Kubota dealerships to express my displeasure over my B7510 seat. Each and every time I was told by the Service/Parts manager that this was the first they had heard of the seat being a problem. I had repeatedly expressed my displeasure to some of the same managers again during the past year 18 months, but still they claim it was the first they had heard of it. It was that they did not want to face up to it. In fact, one customer heard me complain to the manager about the seat and he said to me,”I have complained to that manager about the seat several times and had asked that Kubota do something about their lousy seat.”

Kubota should be completely shamed of their handling of the seat issue. Who is in charge here?, Service… Parts… Sales… Public Relations, know one really knows, each seems to want to blaming the other or the head office.

Why do we have to go to Kubota with one of their bulletins, which we obtained from a kind member through Tractorbynet and have them tell us that they know nothing about it. If this is a reflection of Kubota handling a simple seat issue, let’s hope where not all faced with a real mechanical problem. With the internet and all Kubota’s bulletins they still can’t get it right. It looks like Kubota wants to keep their head in the sand on the seat issue.

A dealer told me that Kubota is making only so many replacement seats and if you’re not high enough on the list you won’t get one. Another dealer said that no seats have been shipped into the US yet. I informed him that some Tractorbynet members have received theirs. He said he did not know of that.

The bottom line is:
• Some will get their seat (maybe)
• Some will not get their seat
• Some will have to pay
• Some will not have to pay
• Some will have to pay more
• Some will have to pay less
• Some can trade their old seat in
• Some can’t trade their old seal in
What a way to run a railroad.

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #2  
CampMan said:
Kubota’s B & BX Series tractor seat issue is a complete disaster... Kubota should be completely shamed of their handling of the seat issue. Who is in charge here? ...

CampMan, thank you for raising these fundamental questions, and thank you for sharing your valuable experience. Dedicated members like you make TBN an exceptional site to call "Home".

Let's hope that Kubota is watching TBN right now, and reading your lips. A professional and responsible course of action by Kubota on this matter is overdue.

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #3  
Enlighten me please, my B 2910 seat seem to be working OK for me.

Except when I get off and leave it sitting in the HOT sunshine.

That black really gets HOT and feels like it is going to steam my bohunkus.:D

What else should I watch out for?

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #4  
It makes you appreciate the dealers who participate on this forum and offer their assistance to all of us free of charge. I've given them my business at times over my dealer because I didn't care to get the runaround. Might cost me a bit more but the cost was worth the benefit.

Dealers pick and choose their battles based on profits. I would too I guess if I owned a business. Sad but true.

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #5  
Much noise, and shouting noted.

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #6  
CampMan said:
The bottom line is:
• Some will get their seat (maybe)
• Some will not get their seat
• Some will have to pay
• Some will not have to pay
• Some will have to pay more
• Some will have to pay less
• Some can trade their old seat in
• Some can’t trade their old seal in
What a way to run a railroad.

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong! That's how you run an airline!
:D :D :D

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #7  
My dealer.

1. knows about the seat problem
2. Has seats on order
3. placed me on a list for one of the seats due in
4. does NOT want my old seat back

But, I've got a GREAT dealer!

Evans Equipment
Remsen NY

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #8  
BlacknTan said:
My dealer.

1. knows about the seat problem
2. Has seats on order
3. placed me on a list for one of the seats due in
4. does NOT want my old seat back

But, I've got a GREAT dealer!

Evans Equipment
Remsen NY

Me too !

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #9  
This seat issue is new to me. I have a BX 2350 that I bought in NH (chappell milford) last year. Is the 2350 one of the models included in this program? Has anyone dealt with Chappell on this?

To tell you the truth, the seat seems OK to me. I did notice when I bought it that it seems to pitch you foward, but in practice it's actually pretty comfortable. Especially if you wear the seatbelt. Of course, if I can get a more comfy seat for $20 or $30 I'll take it.

Thanks

/ KUBOTA's B & BX Seat ISSUE/PROBLEM-READ #10  
I got my BX2350 about a week ago and when the dealer brought it to the house he told me that he would have me a new seat by the middle of next month and he would come out and install it so I could see if I like it better and I did not no any thing about the new seat .Also he told me there would be no charge. I really think it's the dealer that you deal with. I started looking at the Blue tractors and thats why I went with the Kubota. After going to two blue dealers I new I did not want to buy from them. I liked the tractor but it was like pulling teeth getting any info. I'm not knocking the blue tractors I just got lucky finding a very good Kubota dealer.