Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service

/ Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #41  
Super UDT is manufactured for Kubota by Ashland Specialty Chemical Co., Columbus OH.

/ Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #42  
DiezNutz said:
I still find no reason to deviate from what the manual recommends, let alone encourage others to do the same. Me personally, as long as this thing is under warranty it's getting everything exactly "by the book", 100% Kubota supplies, all documented and receipts kept. In the event that I have a warranty issue, I'm not giving anyone any excuse to say I failed to walk Kubota's chalk.

I hope you use GM filters/oil in your Chevy or Motorcraft filters in yourFord, if not you may have big problems getting repairs under warranty. It's your money after all, but I think you worry needlessly.

/ Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #43  
DiezNutz said:
Super UDT is manufactured for Kubota by Ashland Specialty Chemical Co., Columbus OH.

Is that Valvoline's parent company?

/ Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #44  
tydp said:
I hope you use GM filters/oil in your Chevy or Motorcraft filters in yourFord, if not you may have big problems getting repairs under warranty. It's your money after all, but I think you worry needlessly.
Actually, if it can be proven that a bogus filter caused the problem, then sorry to say but you just ate it. Ask Jiffy Lube about that. Hey, I know what you're saying, but tractors and parts to maintain them aren't as commonplace as cars & trucks. Kubota could be real hard-nosed about it and there isn't anythign to stop them. There is no real advantage to not using their stuff, so why take a chance with the warranty. Pennywise and dollar dumb if you ask me. Now since I didn't stick some Acme ShrapnelMaster oil filters on my HST, I don't have anything to needlessly worry about, do I? I was merely saying what I think/do. Naturally you're free to do as you please, no offense.

/ Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #45  
   / Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #46  
Is it not a good thing to mix petro vs sythetic? I have topped off my fluids with super UDT mixing with existing UDT and vice versa. If just different viscosity I would think this would be OK, but wouldn't want to mix synthetic and non-synthetic oils.

/ Surprises when picking up fluids / filters for 50 hr service #47  
Alan L. said:
Is it not a good thing to mix petro vs sythetic?
Historically, no. But there are synthetic blends, so I think it really depends on the makeup of both components & additive packages. That's a science that's probably best left to the experts.
Alan L. said:
I have topped off my fluids with super UDT mixing with existing UDT and vice versa. If just different viscosity I would think this would be OK, but wouldn't want to mix synthetic and non-synthetic oils.
No worries, they are as you describe different grades and both dino oil. However, you're probably not getting any benefit from adding SUDT to UDT. You might want to make a wholesale change to one or the other at your next service.