B6200 New Owner Questions

/ B6200 New Owner Questions #1  

Mot

Hi Everybody-

I just bought a Kubota B6200D (sn64337). I dont know too much about it, but I know it needs some maintenance. The transmission oil is milky - I think water leaked in through a tear in the shifter boot. It has a B1640 front bucket on it. I imagine the same oil from the transmission circulates thru the bucket hydrolics. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to completely flush and change all the oil at once? I am afraid if I just change it, some of the old contaminated oil will remain and I will have to do it several times to really clear out all the bad oil.

Does any one have an operator's manual for sale or copy? It seems the B6200 was not the most popular model.

Do all B6200's have a mid PTO or was that an option? You would think I would be able to find it if mine had one!

Also the clutch is like an on/off switch. I try to release it as slowly as possible but it just grabs all at once, there is no slippage for smooth engagement. Could this be due to the contamination of the oil if it has a wet clutch? Is this normal maybe?

The hour meter has 547 hours on it - of course with a 999 max I dont know if this is 1547 or 2547 hours etc, is there anyway to tell the true hours?

I have a Howse 5' brush hog - do you you think this tractor can handle such a big implement? The seller assured me that it could, but I have some doubts.

Any other suggestions of what I should do before I start using this puppy? Oil and filter change, coolant change, other lubrication? Any opinions about using synthetic oil?

Thanks for any advice.
Friendly Regards,
mot

/ B6200 New Owner Questions #2  
Welcome to TBN Mot.
Congrats on purchasing nice working mule. :)

There another site you might be interested in,for there a gentleman that lives and breaths B6000's couple of others might beable to help.

Kubota Tractor Discussion Board

/ B6200 New Owner Questions
Thanks Thomas, I posted there.

-Mot