LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX?

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
HI,
Just spread 20-30 yards of loam i dug up on the back lawn.We picked out alot of rocks by raking by hand ,but 50 % didnt get done Alittle clay mixed in and it is hard as a rock to rake by hand now i packed it..My wife and i thought a rake on the back of the bx would be the "cats pajamas".I havent priced one yet ,but i looked at some in catalogs,and with shipping probably around 500 for a 5 fter.I have a 300 ft gravel drive i could grade possibly,or use it in the garden mabey.I know you guys would all like to spend my money:D ,should i buy one,or try to find one to rent?Is the rake you bought being used regularly,or is it collecting dust and rust,making you wish you hadnt bought it?What are you guys using for rakes on your bxs?If i try to rent one ,what do i look for that will fit my 3 point hitch? Iwant a back blade too,to bad they didnt make a blade you could roll over that had tines on the other edge-a two for one deal:D :D :D I did a search but didnt get all my questions answered.Most said get one with wheels.THANKS IN ADVANCE
ALAN

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #2  
Morning Alan.
Since you have 5 season up there ;) and be known to have heavy down pours I would think rake w/fold down garder blade would be handy attachment for you....come on down to New Hampshire to purchase,for we are a tax free state and could use your coins.

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #3  
I use a 6 foot woods rake and I use it all the time. It's good for cleaning up after the horses behind the barn, Fixing the wash-outs to the driveways and grading top soil and removing the big rocks in one pass. The only thing I did to make a faster hook up was turned in the tph pins for my BX-2350.

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #4  
I have a 5' Woods Estate series rake with guide wheels and I use it to maintain my driveway. I also used it to install the driveway. I would recommend this rake highly. It attaches easily to the BX and is able to be raised high enough for transport. That was a problem with the full profile rake I had before the Woods. i think the rake is woreth it. I paid $650 for the rake

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #5  
I also have the woods estate rake with wheels. it is a very nice unit, well built. It's worth the little extra.

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #6  
If you are patient for a few weeks, I bet you could pick up one on eBay for $400-$500 including shipping for a 5' rake

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX? #7  
I have king kutter XB rake. It's a nice color :)

Has been useful for smoothing ground before seeding. You can loosen rocks but collecting them takes a LOT of passes. No gage wheels (the KK website lies). Works OK with blade straight, pretty useless angled without a tilt control.

But somebody posted photo here of a wad of chain-link fence strapped to a boxblade, wish I had thought of that $400 ago.

Russell in Texas

/ LANDSCAPE RAKE FOR BX?
Thank you all for your input,and spending my money:D I ordered a woods estate rake with wheels friday.Its gonna take a couple weeks cause they had to order the wheels.I did shop around ,i looked at the landpride and a couple other brands.I went with the woods cause its a popular company and alot of you have them here in this thread
Thanks,may need help hooking up or adjusting.Any operating tips would be nice input if you can
THANKS
ALAN