Grading 2630 Box blade size

/ 2630 Box blade size #1  

Big Daddy M

Tractor
Kubota B7610
I did a search on box blade size and could not find anything about what size to use with a 2630. I will mostly be using it to leval my drive (which is lime stone and dirt) and for smoothing and levaling food plots.

Kubota recomends a 54" the dealer said 60", I looked at a 60 and "Damb" that thing is big! Wondering what size you guys use with the 2630.

/ 2630 Box blade size #2  
I use a 60" rear blade with my 2630 without much problems. I don't if the box blade would be much differant.

/ 2630 Box blade size #3  
Big Daddy M:

Welcome to TBN :D! I think your tractor could handle a 60" box blade for your stated uses. Your 3PH could lift a HD box blade. I would be concerned about the "balance" between an 1800+ pound tractor and a 500 HD pound box blade especially if you were going to be doing serious "dirt work" in heavy, rocky, obstructed soil due to lack of traction. Jay

PS: Your tractor's tires are another important consideraton as to traction.

/ 2630 Box blade size #4  
You could run a standard duty 60" BB around 500# with no trouble (e.g., Woods GB60 or similar). I think a heavy-duty BB would be too much weight and drag.
I run a 72" RB without any problems. It does take more tractor to run a BB than a RB, but at 60" you should be fine.

/ 2630 Box blade size #5  
DiezNutz:

I agree with you about the appropriateness of a medium duty box blade for a 2630. A 2630 has quite the 3PH lift capabilities :); not that I am sanctionning the use of a HD box blade for a 2630. Jay

/ 2630 Box blade size #6  
If you are just scrapping go with the 60" box blade. If you want to dig deep or move a box load of material go smaller. I scrapped off three inches of turf for a riding ring after using the scarfiers to break it up. FEL helps lots and keeps weight on the front.

/ 2630 Box blade size
Thanks everyone! Most likely a stupid question but what is "BB" and "RB"? Also, should I go with the Kubota scraper? Dealer quoted me $760.00 for a Woods GB60, the kubota would be about $900.00:eek:

/ 2630 Box blade size #8  
BB = "Box Blade"
RB = "Rear Blade"

You will also see:
FEL = "Front End Loader"
MMM = "Mid Mount Mower"
RFM = "Rear Finish Mower"
BH = "Brush Hog"

Etc.

/ 2630 Box blade size #9  
jbrumberg said:
I agree with you about the appropriateness of a medium duty box blade for a 2630. A 2630 has quite the 3PH lift capabilities :); not that I am sanctionning the use of a HD box blade for a 2630. Jay
Right. You wouldn't want someone to confuse the 3PH lift capacity (lift only)vs. the ability of the tractor to carry, safely and effectively operate a rear implement. That ratio is approx 3:1.

/ 2630 Box blade size #10  
amigauser said:
BB = "Box Blade"
RB = "Rear Blade"
You will also see:
FEL = "Front End Loader"
MMM = "Mid Mount Mower"
RFM = "Rear Finish Mower"
BH = "Brush Hog"
Etc.
Correct. However, "BH = BackHoe" trumps "BH = Bush Hog" every time ;)