Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match...

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #1  

Scott in IN

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
After torching a hole in the side of my bucket for a toothbar, I bought some TSC Kubota Orange paint to touch up the burn marks and other scrapes on the bucket. No problem I think, except for the little problem of the orange color not matching (whoops). At least it doesn't match while it's wet, I hope it's closer when it's dry.

My wife is far from happy as our new tractor is now two toned. I guess if if it really bothers me (it might) I'll have to get some real paint from an auto store and get someone to spray it for me (I used a brush and a roller).

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #2  
I had excellent luck with chevy engine orange from TSC.
The closest match I have found. Even better than the can I bought from the dealer.
Although I have heard there are two different colors for Kubota, Old and New.

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #3  
Correct on the old and new. Bought the "new" in a rattle-can, sprayed it on the FEL to cover a wear mark, and I can't even tell where I sprayed it. Absolutely 100% perfect match. And pretty tough paint. A little expensive, though.

Don't make the wife mad. Go spend the $10 at the dealership and hit it as soon as you get home. Mad wife is no good for anyone.

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #4  
Hey wait a minute!
You guys are painting your fel?
Thats just so.. so... Kubota ownerish of you:)

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #5  
agri supply asc majic paint matches perfect

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #6  
Geee, you are touching up paint on your tractors. You must love them too much. :D

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #7  
I'm trying to wrap my brain around the wife getting upset because the colors don't match, especially if it isn't particularly bugging you. It would be the same thing as me getting upset because her shoes don't match her dress when she weren't already complaining about it. As long as I'm happy with the tractor, my wife could care less. Interesting...

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #8  
KeithInSpace said:
Correct on the old and new. Bought the "new" in a rattle-can, sprayed it on the FEL to cover a wear mark, and I can't even tell where I sprayed it. Absolutely 100% perfect match. And pretty tough paint. A little expensive, though.

I agree. On my previous Kubota that I bought used... it had a few spots that needed some touching up. I bought a spray can of Kubota brand paint and it was a perfect match. It was also about the best spray paint I've ever used... I was really impressed with how smooth the finished product was.

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #9  
TSC paint is a perfect match. Make sure which orange you get. One can says new New Kubota orange and the other says Kubota Orange. If you're painting the INSIDES of your bucket I think you have a problem. It should be silver metal and used.

/ Ohhh no TSC Kubota paint doesn't match... #10  
Just FYI, Valspar Allis Chalmers orange is a very close match to the new Kubota orange. You can get it a TSC.