Kubota M6040

/ Kubota M6040 #1  

coverson

I just bought a M6040 Kubota 62Hp. The thing is sweet however it makes a occasional growling sound under the hood. Kubota says it the oil cooler bypass valve. It rumbles when it hot & cold. It doesn't affect the RPM, any input out there, please

/ Kubota M6040 #2  
My tractor isn't a Kubota but it does have an oil cooler with a bypass valve. Mine doesn't make any noise what so ever.

/ Kubota M6040 #3  
I have 54 hrs on my 6040 and have noticed no noises. I am scheduled for my 50 hr. service this sat. and will ask tech. I absolutely love mine.

/ Kubota M6040
M6040 I called my dealer about the noise under the hood. He want's me to bring it in. He wants to know if you guys have the HD Hydraulic drive

/ Kubota M6040 #5  
I assume you mean Hydraulic Shuttle? Yes I do. The only noise I've heard so far was from the third function valve which I turned off and it went away.

/ Kubota M6040
I guess I don't know what a 3rd function valve. I'll look in my manual. Thanks

/ Kubota M6040 #7  
its a optional extra on fel. its another hyd circuit for the loader to operate 4 in 1 buckets etc. your manual probably wont mention it. i don't know what the noise is but i am interested so please post a reply. i have never heard this noise in a kubota let alone a 6040. the only inherent noise in them is the funny squeak/groan the hydraulic shuttle makes on start up.

/ Kubota M6040 #8  
I've got about 90 hours on my M7040. I have no idea what you're talking about. Never noticed any growling. Except my stomach when I was having too much fun bush-hoggin' to stop to eat! Doesn't sound right. No pun intended.