My dealer told me a lie

/ My dealer told me a lie #1  

chatme

I've had my BX for about 3 to 4 weeks now and when I asked him if all the issues had been fix that I had read about on TBN like the fender and gauges. He said O yes this one has all the stuff listed on my paper that I had( at that time I did not know about the seat) but when he delivered it he told me a new seat is coming...Well ok, I never did look under the tractor for the fender or the stay step kit. Today I looked under there and guess what...No new fender , No brackets , old rad. cover and my grips slide right off..Now I'm thinking maybe I don't have the new cluster kit as well.

HE IS GOING TO HAVE A REAL BAD DAY TOMARROW !!!!!!!!!
I just called him on friday and had him order in 2700.00 in rear implements i'm sure he will not be happy having to set on these untell my tractor is picked up and all the issues are fixed.

/ My dealer told me a lie #2  
if you asked for your list of things to be addressed and they did not do it, that's a bummer. Keep us posted on how they deal with your follow-up. Good luck.

/ My dealer told me a lie #3  
Is there another dealer near by? I would order a bunch of stuff from your guy and then say "nevermind .... I prefer to deal with someone who has some integrity"

/ My dealer told me a lie #4  
One more thing, I would post the name of your dealer so others won't have to deal with a bad situation. Much like Angie's list or the other vendor ratings sites, if someone wants to stay in business, they need treat their customers well. Tell him he can always go onto this site and defend himself .....

/ My dealer told me a lie #5  
bx24 said:
One more thing, I would post the name of your dealer so others won't have to deal with a bad situation. Much like Angie's list or the other vendor ratings sites, if someone wants to stay in business, they need treat their customers well. Tell him he can always go onto this site and defend himself .....
I have to agree 100%. If a guy runs a business the way you say he treated you, it serves him right to get bad mouthed. You wouldn't think twice about letting the world know what a great guy he was if he treated you good. So the opposite should hold true. I hope everything works out for you, and I hope the guy realizes that it's guys like me, you, and everyone else on the board that keeps food on his table.

/ My dealer told me a lie #6  
All dealers are trust but verify. Sounds like some serious lack of communication at the dealer maybe too.

/ My dealer told me a lie
I got to talk to the dealer today and they said this tractor slipped by...well ok anyway there ordering all the the updated parts and there going to pick it up and give me a tractor to use while they do the repairs. So I guess I'm happy. They told me they thought all the tractors in there stock were up to date.

/ My dealer told me a lie #8  
Given the response and the service provided at no charge, I would tend to trust they didn't intentionally confabulate or obfuscate. Sounds like everyone wound up having a good day after all!

jb

/ My dealer told me a lie #9  
Sounds more like you dealer was saying "opps..you got me, I guess I can make it right".

Problem is that for every one of you, the informed, tractor-forum-reading customer, there are at least 9 others that have no clue, never find TBN or really never even bother to look.

THOSE are the folks that also got one that 'slipped by' and you can bet that they will stay 'slipped' by too.

Take all you can get from this dealer but never take him for his word.

/ My dealer told me a lie #10  
You don't say which BX you have. Mine is a BX24 - Curious what your serial number is. Mine is 589XX, x'ed out the last 2 digits for a little security;) I've been inspecting mine trying to determine if all the updates are done......