Oil & Fuel Oil Type for your Kubota........

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........
Well, since I live in North GA. the weather does'nt get real rough and my tractor has never seen rain unless I wash it, so I thought the Delo 400 (15W40) would work fine. I change the oil once a year.I usually don't put but about 50-65hrs on it a year anyway,and that's for mostly mowing.
By the way it's about time for a wax job.Looks better now than the day i bought it. Donny

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #12  
I use Kubota branded dino 10W30 as well as Kubota branded filter's.
I've got nothing against the others, but since I've only got the one diesel and it's a once a yr service, it's OEM for it :D

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #13  
Rotella makes 10w-30 diesel oil, CJ4+ rated. It isn't all that easy to find but it is out there. I found it at an auto parts chain named O'Reilly's.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #14  
Well, when someone has data on various commercial oils, with identical engine hours and loads, then we'd have something - but we don't. There was some decent data on oil used in oil rig engines in Texas (24/7 running, all seasons), but it's over a decade out of date.
Me, I use the same stuff I put in my auto, generators, zero turn mower - yada, yada, yada. I have about 590 hours on my Kubota, have met all service intervals (like most folks on this forum, tend to change fluids prior to required service interval) and seem to be using zero oil between changes. Use synthetic oil, and Castrol seems to be on sale most of the time locally with the 5 quart size nearly as cheap as "better" regular oil brands. I select the 10-40W variety, as I'm in S.C. and it gets a bit warm in the summer.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #15  
Volfandt said:
I use Kubota branded dino 10W30 as well as Kubota branded filter's.
I've got nothing against the others, but since I've only got the one diesel and it's a once a yr service, it's OEM for it :D

Same here.....Kubota fluids and filters all the way around! This way, if I ever have a warranty issue, Kubota can't come back and say it was because of non OEM products.......cya is my motto!:D

For what it's worth.........
Swmpbgy1

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #16  
I use Mobil Delvac 1 full synthetic 15W 40.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #17  
swmpbgy1 said:
Same here.....Kubota fluids and filters all the way around! This way, if I ever have a warranty issue, Kubota can't come back and say it was because of non OEM products.......cya is my motto!:D
ABSOLUTELY.
No good argument for doing otherwise, especially as long as its still under warranty.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #18  
Jay4200 said:
I use Shell Rotella T 15W-40 ($8.00/gallon at WalMart last time I bought it). Rotella T isn't all that great of an oil, but if you change it at 50hr intervals like you are supposed to, it's fine.

JayC

A bunch of us who road race motorcycles have been using the Rotella 15W-40 and/or 5W-40 synthetic. Our engines are beat on, run at full throttle up over 10k rpm through the gears, the shifted back down, then back up over and over again. None of us have ever had an oil related engine failure. Sending the oil in for testing shows it to hold up fine.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #19  
Rotella-T 5W-40 synthetic IS a great oil, I use it (not in the Kubota, yet) and would prefer it over some of the alternatives - especially in a new-ish engine.

/ Oil Type for your Kubota........ #20  
I found both Rotella 5W-40 synthetic and 15W-40 dino in the local Canadian tire here.

All the 15W-40's around here seem to have listed "Heavy duty diesel engine oil". The 5W-40 lists no such thing. I imagine it is the same Rotella 5W-40 that the rest of you are talking about and there is no such thing as 5W-40 for diesel engines and 5W-40 for non diesel engines?

I ask because I have seen 10W-30 for example with labelling that states "for diesel engines" and I have no clue how this differs to 10W-30 which does not state this.