Mowing 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #1  

'Bota Fan

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 HSDC
Been reading posts for a while but this is my first time in the water. I've never read where anyone is using a rear mount finishing mower wider than 6 ft. Got lots of grass to cut here and my dealer suggested the BH 84" mower. Had the unit for about a year now and no problems except the seat (I'm on the waiting list, too). Not using any other implements but have weights on the front. Anyone think the big mower is pushing the HST too hard on some hills? I use the mid-range on the transmission most of the time.

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #2  
I wouldnt go any larger than a 60" on my B3030HSDC. Thats not to say that you shouldn't. Cut quality will be superior with the 60.

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #3  
Welcome in… the waters’ fine…. So is the mowing.
I also run a 7 ft finish mower behind my L4200GST cab Kubota, It couldn’t be better.
I mow mostly dead flat ground in 5th and at times 6th.
My LandPride 84” is great. KennyV.

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #4  
[QUOTE='Bota Fan] Anyone think the big mower is pushing the HST too hard on some hills? I use the mid-range on the transmission most of the time.[/QUOTE]

'Bota Fan:

I've got a new 3030....5 hours on the clock.....I mowed one of my lower fields with my 60" rfm in mid-range. It did great in the flats, but once I started to pull it up one of my hills, the hydro started to whine. Stopped and put it in low, and it was ok.

FWIW.......
Swmpbgy1

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower
Thanks for the responses. This is a GREAT place to be:) .

I have about 150 hours on mine at this point. I had a local fella do the 50 hour service for me and I sent it to the dealer at 100 hours. When I got it back from the dealer, it was much better because the tractor apparently had a governor on it that prevented the pedal from going to the floor. After that was removed, I got a lot more mowing done! Yeah, I get some transmission whine, too, and then I back off. There's about 20 acres to mow -- some flat, some hills, some pretty steep. I could have used a bigger machine but there's this little thing called money that usually gets in my way.

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #6  
The hydro's can whine and it is common for them to whine while working. The trick is to know when they are about to be in the to much stage but about a twenty percent rpm drop would tell me it's time to look for another range.

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #7  
Hi All: Yet another "Newbe" here. I've been lurking around here reading all of Y'alls post about the B3030 for a while now and the result is I now own a new B3030 HSDC with a LA403 FEL, Rhino RFM60 & King Kutter 48inch Tiller. The 3030 is great mowing between My rows of trees..(My old 8N is way too hard to turn in tight places) I guess the only complaints I might have is having to keep the engine wound up so high...and the HST whine. BUT...My overall opinion is that it's a great tractor for My tree farm and gardens. Thanks to Everyone that has posted the good and bad about the 3030....It really helped in the decison making.

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower
mrron_tx said:
Hi All: Yet another "Newbe" here. I've been lurking around here reading all of Y'alls post about the B3030 for a while now and the result is I now own a new B3030 HSDC with a LA403 FEL, Rhino RFM60 & King Kutter 48inch Tiller. The 3030 is great mowing between My rows of trees..(My old 8N is way too hard to turn in tight places) I guess the only complaints I might have is having to keep the engine wound up so high...and the HST whine. BUT...My overall opinion is that it's a great tractor for My tree farm and gardens. Thanks to Everyone that has posted the good and bad about the 3030....It really helped in the decison making.

I'm new, too, but welcome, welcome.

I enjoy the machine more each time I use it. Tell us, do you have the improved seat? If so, is your tractor locked up at night? If not, what's your address? Maybe you could give us detailed driving directions. Promise you'll have another seat and I'll even bolt it in good!:D

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #9  
mrron, Congradulations!! My 3030 Cab, just turn 1yr. with just over 200 hrs. We celabrated with new filters and some 15W- 40 juice. Great tractors, very versatile and a hard worker. Enjoy it!! Any question just ask, plenty of good people here to help. Send Pic's Frank

/ 3030 cab w/ 7 ft. finishing mower #10  
My mom got her 3030 today and the seat is fine. Great in fact. So I guess the new ones have the good seat since this one was right out of the crate. The L 4200 GST is a different animal. Its 37 PTO horsepower and the B3030 is 23 pto horsepower. I've got a L4200 GST I've really abused. 550 hours of digging graval and hauling it in 4wd at fast speeds. Heavy loads. Digging so hard that I've raised up the tractor on both front wheels countless times. And when I'm not doing that to my L4200 I'm runing a Rhino TW96 8 foot twin spindle cutter. Cutting 3" and under boxelders and sasafrass. I go slow but it does it. For relaxation I put a JD 660 tiller on it and go deep. That lugs it at 8 inches deep. I till about 2 or 3 inches to start and then lap and go deep. I was so crazy about mine that my mom got a smaller one for her. Not tested it out yet, just breaking it in easy. She's had it one day and is crazy about it. Don't think I'll get much seat time. Oh its much cuter than my L4200......:rolleyes: Tucky