Just installed the Bro-Tek rear skidplate

/ Just installed the Bro-Tek rear skidplate #1  

acohen100

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
And I was wondering if anyone has managed to knock out their hydro fan even with the skid on. It really doesn't come as far forward as I expected and it seems that it would still be pretty easy for something to ride up over the plate and hit the fan. Since this is the entire purpose for my buying it I am a bit dismayed by that. Also it seems to me that it would be really difficult to mount the mower to the mid-PTO with the plate on, although I haven't tried yet.

Not looking to bash the product. Just hoping there is some reassurance out there for these concerns.

/ Just installed the Bro-Tek rear skidplate #2  
Hi:

No the mid mount 60" (MMM) on my bx-23 goes on fine with the REAR skid plate it is the front plate that doesn't work (read gear box bends front up about 1.5 inches and makes racket if used in higher pos (front now not recommended with mower will remove deck install plate winter)) Suppose anything could happen but with plate and deck almost bullet proof YMMV Spray the pto coupler and tug to make sure is on heard if does come off with plate on minimal damage use 4 3 wheeled dollies to install/remove deck and fel to lift front end pto is hardest part of install now. and swing the pto plate over and use nut/bolt to keep attached to plate not mentioned in install book

Pat R