bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why!

/ bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why! #1  

oledocward

Tractor
kubota 2350
Just had my 50 hr service done on bx2350; temp gauge constantly reads between normal and hot; not in the red but between half-way and red. dealer said problem was that the sensor was picking up temps from the exhaust pipe. I know others have had problems with the temp gauge not reading right on these tractors. Anyone heard this explaination?

thanks,

/ bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why! #3  
oledocward said:
Just had my 50 hr service done on bx2350; temp gauge constantly reads between normal and hot; not in the red but between half-way and red. dealer said problem was that the sensor was picking up temps from the exhaust pipe. I know others have had problems with the temp gauge not reading right on these tractors. Anyone heard this explaination?

thanks,

Haven't heard that explaination, but if it's not really near the red, what's the problem? When I use the mmm and crank up the rpms it always runs around 3/4. When I mow I need to stop and clear the radiator screen every hour or so. I also have noticed that grass clumps up on the bottom middle of the radiator itself. I find a stick about 2 feet long and carefully knock this off. I find it annoying that I need to do this every hour.

/ bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why!
studway said:
Haven't heard that explaination, but if it's not really near the red, what's the problem? When I use the mmm and crank up the rpms it always runs around 3/4. When I mow I need to stop and clear the radiator screen every hour or so. I also have noticed that grass clumps up on the bottom middle of the radiator itself. I find a stick about 2 feet long and carefully knock this off. I find it annoying that I need to do this every hour.

Thanks for the advise. Maybe I'm just paranoid about the temp running above the half mark. My old bx1500 would seldom read normal; just stayed on the low side all the time.

I have cleaned the radiator, screen, and battery cover but seen no difference in temp.

/ bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why! #5  
oledocward said:

thanks,
that would be the biggest load of verbal effluent i have ever heard. he is spinning you a line. the end of the temp probe (the bit that actually does the work) is buried inside the motor. the chance of the exhaust heating it up is so remote its not funny.
but really if the temp gauge doesn't get to the H (h stands for help:D ) don't worry about it.

/ bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why! #6  
ozzie tractor said:
that would be the biggest load of verbal effluent i have ever heard. he is spinning you a line. the end of the temp probe (the bit that actually does the work) is buried inside the motor. the chance of the exhaust heating it up is so remote its not funny.

Agreed.

/ bx2350 temp gauge indicating overheating why! #7  
My 2350 stays at the same point your's does. It doesnt' change much and doesn't go near the red, so I'm sure all is normal. I do clean it everytime I use the tractor though, and even with the screen cleared and seated, some chaff always gets stuck in the radiator. Be sure to flush it out regularly and all will be fine, I'm sure.