L2800 Cracked Rear End

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #21  
Kubota Service Bulletin 2004????????!!!!

3pt hoe owners (any machine) ------- Attention to this!!!

garren ,
I am pleased that the service dept is up to date and should be applauded for their dedication to research to the factory in regards to this problem. I strongly suggest that the two top link brackets be welded to the re-enforcing. plate.(should your dealer be able to do this) in your repair.

Dieznutz,

All Kubota parts in pic's

JW 5875

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End
[QUOTE
garren ,
I am pleased that the service dept is up to date and should be applauded for their dedication to research to the factory in regards to this problem. I strongly suggest that the two top link brackets be welded to the re-enforcing. plate.(should your dealer be able to do this) in your repair.

JW 5875[/QUOTE]

Dont worry JW... Welding I can do and weld I will! I can see the need to weld the hitch plate to the reinforcement plate. If not welded, it seems that the force would still be distributed across the same 6 bolts.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #23  
I was looking at mine (bracket) on my B7800, little different but very similar, and I can't figure out how they attached your BH without it??? I could not have that huge top link without the bracket!!! I'm surprised it's even possible to hook it up without it!! Do you have a before shot of the original install? Be neat to see.

How the h*ll did they attach your's without this?

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End
Taiser said:
I was looking at mine (bracket) on my B7800, little different but very similar, and I can't figure out how they attached your BH without it??? I could not have that huge top link without the bracket!!! I'm surprised it's even possible to hook it up without it!! Do you have a before shot of the original install? Be neat to see.

How the h*ll did they attach your's without this?

I dont have any pics of my hitch but it was identical to JWs first pic. The top link on the hoe used two pins and the top two holes on the hitch plate. All the weight just hanging on those six bolts...

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End
For those that were curious to the outcome, heres the final update.
Picked the tractor up Sat. morning which was sooner than I expected.
Service manager had speculated a week and a half if everything went smooth but he was worried it might take awhile to get a new rear end delivered. I didn't think two weeks to completion was to bad.

I'm posting a pic of the reinforcement kit installed. It looks a little different than JW's. It appears that they put threaded studs into the rear end and bolted the hitch up with nuts and lock washers...only using two regular bolts in the middle.
Any thoughts on why they went this route? Do you think I still need to weld the hitch to the reinforcement plate?

Attachments

• DSCN1641.JPG
    DSCN1641.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 759
   / L2800 Cracked Rear End #26  
garren said:
Do you think I still need to weld the hitch to the reinforcement plate?

May not be necessary, but I certainly would, correction I'm not that good, I'd have a good welder weld them together, then the load would be distributed to the top bolts also. Glad you got your hoe back.

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #27  
garren said:
Do you think I still need to weld the hitch to the reinforcement plate?

Your dealer did a stand up job and Kubota did their part also. The tractor was fixed by an authorized dealer with a factory up graded part. If you want to weld it wait until after the warranty is up. No reason to make an unauthorized modification that could cause warranty problems until then.

MarkV

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End #29  
garren said:
.....I'm posting a pic of the reinforcement kit installed. It looks a little different than JW's. It appears that they put threaded studs into the rear end and bolted the hitch up with nuts and lock washers...only using two regular bolts in the middle.
Any thoughts on why they went this route? Do you think I still need to weld the hitch to the reinforcement plate?

So I'm clear on what was replaced, did they replace the differential housing AND put a reinforcement plate over the new housing? If so its a good repair and a good upgrade for mounting your BH. I agree welding the brackets would help spread the load to all the bolts - but I'd ask for the dealer's agreement to do it.

As to a guess on why the two middle bolts are not studs - the upper and lower holes may be threaded deeper for longer studs, but maybe the middle holes can't be deeper without interference with something else ?

/ L2800 Cracked Rear End
MarkV said:
Your dealer did a stand up job and Kubota did their part also. The tractor was fixed by an authorized dealer with a factory up graded part. If you want to weld it wait until after the warranty is up. No reason to make an unauthorized modification that could cause warranty problems until then.

MarkV

MarkV - I like your way of thinking! Thats what I will do, because if this current setup fails, we already know that they will fix it. After the warranty runs out I will weld it for safe measure.

rbargeron - Yes they replaced the cracked housing and added the upgrade kit.