Which TUFFTOP for GL3240 w/ BH90

/ Which TUFFTOP for GL3240 w/ BH90 #1  

TalonDancer

Gold Member
I've decided to get a TUFFTOP for my new GL3240. But since it hasn't been delivered yet:( , I don't know which size TUFFTOP to order. I plan to use it installed both ways: covering the main area for FEL, boxblade work and flipped backwards for back-hoe work.

Does anyone know the largest TUFFTOP that won't interfere with a BH90 when installed facing backwards?

Thanks in advance - Talon Dancer

/ Which TUFFTOP for GL3240 w/ BH90
Actually, all I really need to know is the distance between the ROPS and the BH90 Boom when it is in transport position (i.e. pulled all the way back to the tractor).

FWIW my dealer has my L3240 and my BH90. BUT... he doesn't have the silly 4 point installation bracket yet. So he can't tell me how far away the BH90 boom will be once it is installed :(

TIA - Talon Dancer

/ Which TUFFTOP for GL3240 w/ BH90
And the answer is....

The TUFFTOP XLR-52 just barely fits when flipped backwards to cover the BH90's operator station:)

It turns out the BH90 does not even get close to hitting the TUFFTOP XLR-52 unless the BH is turned 90 degrees (lef or right) AND it is almost fully retracted. Of course in this position you are at risk of hitting the stabilizers. So you have to look up AND down very carefully :)

The photos at 90 degrees are not fully retracted. The BH comes closest to the TUFFTOP when the boom is fully retracted AND the dipper has just begun to extend.

FWIW The TUFFTOP has more settings that would allow the top to angle upward and be completely clear of the BH90. But I'm happy as it is:)

Talon Dancer

Attachments

• TUFFTOPwBH90.jpg
    TUFFTOPwBH90.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 302
  • TUFFTOPwBH90_90.jpg
    TUFFTOPwBH90_90.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 251
  • TUFFTOPwBH90_90_Closeup.jpg
    TUFFTOPwBH90_90_Closeup.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 254