Filter screen for L2800

/ Filter screen for L2800 #1  

bama85

Tractor
L2800, M7040, ZD21
I've been reading several posts regarding filter screens needing to be cleaned when changing oil. I preformed my 50hr service a few weeks ago and I still don't know what the filter screen is and where to find it. Can someone please help. I did notice two small shards of metal that ended up in my hand when I pulled the two oil drain plugs. If there is a filter screen how do I find it and clean it properly. Thanks ya'll

/ Filter screen for L2800 #2  
I do not believe that the L2800/L3400 have these filter screens.

/ Filter screen for L2800 #3  
bama85 said:
I've been reading several posts regarding filter screens needing to be cleaned when changing oil. I preformed my 50hr service a few weeks ago and I still don't know what the filter screen is and where to find it. Can someone please help. I did notice two small shards of metal that ended up in my hand when I pulled the two oil drain plugs. If there is a filter screen how do I find it and clean it properly. Thanks ya'll

I believe there is a strainer for the HST. If yours is a gear model it will not have it. On my old B series it was a big hex head (bolt) behind the right rear tire. My owners manual showed where to locate it.

/ Filter screen for L2800
Thanks guys, It is a gear drive so probably no filter screen. I can rest easy now. Regards.

/ Filter screen for L2800 #5  
Dont rest to long: left side in front of rear axle housing looks like oblong flat piece of metal with two bolts holding it on i think 10mm wrench or 12mm for removing bolts. But only remove it when fluids is drained its about 6'' long when removed!!!!

/ Filter screen for L2800 #6  
CamshaftLF said:
Dont rest to long: left side in front of rear axle housing looks like oblong flat piece of metal with two bolts holding it on i think 10mm wrench or 12mm for removing bolts. But only remove it when fluids is drained its about 6'' long when removed!!!!

I will have to look on the tractor, I can't find on my parts breakdown. an I sure did not clean it during my 50 hour service.

/ Filter screen for L2800 #7  
canoetrpr said:
I do not believe that the L2800/L3400 have these filter screens.

I'd be surprised if that was correct. Every manual I've seen shows a filter or two somewhere. Here for example in this BX2200 its behind the diff. (Part 030). But you could be correct - I really don't know.

Attachments

• Pages from BX2200d.pdf
    22.8 KB · Views: 159
   / Filter screen for L2800 #8  
I'll go through my owners manual again today but I never thought that there was anything that said "clean filter screens" at any interval.

Any other L2800/L3400 owners know anything about this?

/ Filter screen for L2800 #9  
The L2800 HST has two filters one on each side of the transmission case. Both are external canister type filters. One hydraulic low pressure (right side), one HST high pressure filter (left side). No screens that I can find.

/ Filter screen for L2800 #10  
I have changed the the HST filters on my L2800HST twice now and the manual never mentions any filter screens like what was on the B7500 I previously owned.