B7800 won't start

/ B7800 won't start #1  

rickster

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota B7800 fel
Hello!
New tractor 78 hrs won't turn over. It stopped on me a couple days ago
when I got off the seat. I checked the pto lever switches to make sure I didn't bump it. I think its one of the switches under the seat because I played with
the seat and the switches and it did start. Today it quit in the drive way and I
couldn't get it to restart. To rule out the battery I put it on the charger for the
night. I guess it could be the starter but I'm thinking its one of the kill switches.
Any body else have any ideas? Have to call salesman in the morning.

Thanks!
Rick

/ B7800 won't start #2  
Rock the hydo-static pedal back and forth gently, allowing it to find the sweet spot. There seems to be an inherent problem with the safety interlock switch at that point. Be patient. I have to rock mine sometimes more than I care but it will hit the spot (activate the switch) and fire up.

Warranty work.

/ B7800 won't start
Well I tried the hydro pedal but no luck! What timing I have the rest of the week
off to do projects and go up north to do some food plots. I guess I'm glad it died here rather than out in the woods.

Rick

/ B7800 won't start #4  
rickster said:
Well I tried the hydro pedal but no luck! What timing I have the rest of the week
off to do projects and go up north to do some food plots. I guess I'm glad it died here rather than out in the woods.

Rick
Be patient with it. Tap it a few times and allow it to return to where it thinks it should.

Then try a heel-toe method to move it through the range of motion. You'll be looking for a mid-range place for it to engage.

Otherwise you can jump the switch under the seat as a test. Just jump the leads together with any jumper wire. I have mine connected together with snug crimps.

/ B7800 won't start
Tried jumping the wires but that didn't work ? Maybe its the starter?:confused:

Rick

/ B7800 won't start
Found it! thanks Yes it was the sensor that goes on the rocker pedal
for the hydro. This morning I put a jumper wire across that plug and it started
right up.:D Service guy will replace it tomorrow.

Thanks for the info crbr

Rick

/ B7800 won't start #8  
rickster said:
Found it! thanks Yes it was the sensor that goes on the rocker pedal
for the hydro. This morning I put a jumper wire across that plug and it started
right up.:D Service guy will replace it tomorrow.

Thanks for the info crbr

Rick
:tiphat: :)