Trouble selling a B21

/ Trouble selling a B21 #1  

pdsrms

Tractor
Kubota L39, B21
Have a B21 that I've had in a good (high traffic) location in Central NH for about 6 weeks. Lots of tire kickers but no offers. I've just reduced it to $20.5 K from $ 21.5 K. Is this a reasonable price to you guys? 95hrs, loaded tires, new condition, 2005, still under warranty! New around here they're $26.9 K.

/ Trouble selling a B21 #2  
Seems like it would be to me. When I bought my 24 for 15K one dealer wanted 13K for a beat to death 23. You are almost 7K off of the price and unless it looks like **** I would think it's a good deal.

/ Trouble selling a B21 #3  
you have to remember that the construction industry is down right now. There is allot for sale and not allot of buyers.

/ Trouble selling a B21 #4  
Hey...... i looked at it ! Its in nice shape !! You gotta realize that most home owner types are not going to want to pay the extra for the durability of the contractor-grade machine. Its in a great spot..... i say hang in there and it will sell. For anyone out there looking for a B21, believe me when i say this one is as "new" as any used B21 you will ever find. I assure you, if i had the cake laying around, you wouldn't have had to start this thread !!

Scott

/ Trouble selling a B21 #6  
Market for those is small, you'll get it eventually. Do know that since the B26 came out Kubota threw some extra discounts at the B21's to help move them. There are 50-60 still sitting at Kubota that have not even gone out to dealers yet. Expect to see heavy discounting to move the old models.

/ Trouble selling a B21 #7  
I drove by it on Tuesday, assuming it's the same one. If its about a 1/4 mile from the bridge and sand bar, then I saw it. I didn't stop to look at it, but from the road it looked decent. You certainly have it in a high traffic area. In addition to TBN classifieds, have you tried listing it in Uncle Henry's?

/ Trouble selling a B21 #8  
There is a B21 in southern maine (SP) 100 hrs excellant shape,
If I didnt want a mini ex ,I'd buy it.
He's been asking 20k with no taker's all summer
so your not alone,

/ Trouble selling a B21 #9  
Do you think the ability to buy new with 0% finance is hurting the used tractor market? Especially for tractors with low hours in excellent condition. It may not be a question of price but the ability to get the machine and all desired attachments for 0%. Not sure what the difference in monthly payment would be between used and new but it may not be enough to pull people away from easy finance and acceptable monthly payments.

/ Trouble selling a B21 #10  
BandDcabinet said:
Do you think the ability to buy new with 0% finance is hurting the used tractor market? Especially for tractors with low hours in excellent condition. It may not be a question of price but the ability to get the machine and all desired attachments for 0%....
I only considered buying used for very short time. The asking prices were just too close to buying a new one. AND I could configure the new one EXACTLY like I wanted. There was not contest.

BTW Kubota's 0 down, 0% financing for 36 months is the equivalent of a very steep discount. And it is on the entire purchase (i.e. 3rd party box blade, pallet fork, etc.). Even if you have the cash, you are much better off keeping your money in CDs that mature in time to make the payments.

Talon Dancer