Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L39, B21

Default Trouble selling a B21

Have a B21 that I've had in a good (high traffic) location in Central NH for about 6 weeks. Lots of tire kickers but no offers. I've just reduced it to $20.5 K from $ 21.5 K. Is this a reasonable price to you guys? 95hrs, loaded tires, new condition, 2005, still under warranty! New around here they're $26.9 K.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: Trouble selling a B21

Seems like it would be to me. When I bought my 24 for 15K one dealer wanted 13K for a beat to death 23. You are almost 7K off of the price and unless it looks like **** I would think it's a good deal.
    2006 Kubota BX24 owner

TBN thread killah

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota 2910

you have to remember that the construction industry is down right now. There is allot for sale and not allot of buyers.
    toys....
    kubota B2910 with cab N heat
    Bobcat S205 hiflow cab heat n AC!
    Bobcat Toolcat 5600 can heat n AC!
    JCB 214S cab N heat
    a couple of trucks N'
    Lots of attachements to play with!

Tractor
    Kubota B3030HSDC

Hey...... i looked at it ! Its in nice shape !! You gotta realize that most home owner types are not going to want to pay the extra for the durability of the contractor-grade machine. Its in a great spot..... i say hang in there and it will sell. For anyone out there looking for a B21, believe me when i say this one is as "new" as any used B21 you will ever find. I assure you, if i had the cake laying around, you wouldn't have had to start this thread !!

Scott

Tractor
    MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle

If you haven't already, put it in the TBN classifieds. Several members have bought their tractors there and it's free to list.
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/classifieds/

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Market for those is small, you'll get it eventually. Do know that since the B26 came out kubota threw some extra discounts at the B21's to help move them. There are 50-60 still sitting at Kubota that have not even gone out to dealers yet. Expect to see heavy discounting to move the old models.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2410 Bi-Speed Turn, R4's, Top 'N' Tilt, LA 352 Loader w/ Toothbar

I drove by it on Tuesday, assuming it's the same one. If its about a 1/4 mile from the bridge and sand bar, then I saw it. I didn't stop to look at it, but from the road it looked decent. You certainly have it in a high traffic area. In addition to TBN classifieds, have you tried listing it in Uncle Henry's?
    Tim........Kubota B2410 HSDB

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 445

There is a B21 in southern maine (SP) 100 hrs excellant shape,
    If I didnt want a mini ex ,I'd buy it.
    He's been asking 20k with no taker's all summer
    so your not alone,

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M59, B3030, B7100

Do you think the ability to buy new with 0% finance is hurting the used tractor market? Especially for tractors with low hours in excellent condition. It may not be a question of price but the ability to get the machine and all desired attachments for 0%. Not sure what the difference in monthly payment would be between used and new but it may not be enough to pull people away from easy finance and acceptable monthly payments.

Quote Originally Posted by BandDcabinet
    Do you think the ability to buy new with 0% finance is hurting the used tractor market? Especially for tractors with low hours in excellent condition. It may not be a question of price but the ability to get the machine and all desired attachments for 0%....
    I only considered buying used for very short time. The asking prices were just too close to buying a new one. AND I could configure the new one EXACTLY like I wanted. There was not contest.

BTW kubota's 0 down, 0% financing for 36 months is the equivalent of a very steep discount. And it is on the entire purchase (i.e. 3rd party box blade, pallet fork, etc.). Even if you have the cash, you are much better off keeping your money in CDs that mature in time to make the payments.

Talon Dancer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast