County Fair was great but...NO KUBOTAS!

/ County Fair was great but...NO KUBOTAS! #1  

Fug1000

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota B7800
Went to my first fair here in my new county of Darke in Ohio.

Great fair, really nice, down home, peaceful and fun atmosphere.
I quickly found the "Implement Row" . Dealer after dealer set up with shiny new tractors, right next to old classics beauty's, I got a stiffy!

I checked out and climbed aboard some new JDs and some old ones, the Montanas were there in force as were the Masseys and the New Hollands and Bobcat.
There was even an impressive Chinese Tractor display with some Jinmas and Farmpros I think.

As I went down the line, I was totally anticipating the Kubota display. I wanted to see the new BX26 and and in general rub elbows with some other Kubota folks.

It never happened. There wasn't one single Kubota to be found.

3 of my neighbors own one yet not one could be found at one of the more popular fairs in southwest Ohio.

Is that strange or ??? what?

/ County Fair was great but...NO KUBOTAS! #2  
Congrats on your visit to the Great Darke Co Fair in Greenville, OH!!
I have spoken with a dealer here in Butler Co, Ohio and asked if they would have a display at the county fair and they replied -no way! It cost too much for them to man the booth, transport equipment to/fro, and find out what parts might be "stolen" off the equipment, it just didn't make "cents" for them to go. Since your fair is much more rural, I'm sure the people respect the equipment much more.
I have been the Darke Co Fair 2x, it is an awesome fair!!
Talk to your dealer and perhaps they will make an appearance in 2008.

/ County Fair was great but...NO KUBOTAS! #3  
Last week I noticed the Kubota dealers (in Carleton, MI) lot was practically void of Kubota tractors. They usually have a good number of tractors on display. I called them to see if they were still open. Yep, all the tractors were on display at the Monroe County Fair.

Don

/ County Fair was great but...NO KUBOTAS! #4  
First of all, welcome to Darke County, and what used to be the largest county fair in America. There are 3 Kubota dealers within about 25 miles of Greenville. The only one I've ever seen at the Fair, is Apple Farm Service from north of Covington. The other 2 dealers are Hull Bros. in Fort Recovery, and also a dealer in Eaton. Apple's quit coming to the fair a couple of years ago because they had trouble finding people to man the tents, plus it was a huge undertaking to transport all the stuff to the fair. The last time I talked to them, they said they probably wouldn't be back.

I bought my Kubota from Apples, and I have also dealt with Hull Bros., and have found both dealers and their personnel to be knowledgeable and friendly. If you have any questions, I'll try to help you out. :)

/ County Fair was great but...NO KUBOTAS!
Hey thanks for the welcome. I have been here in Darke now since March. I really like this area. People are so nice.

I am a transplant from Greene county. When I moved here, I bought my Kubota new in Springfield at Comptons. I wish I had bought it closer to (my new) home.

I am aware that there are no Kubota dealers in this county but not even attending such a great fair as this just seems like a really bad business move.

I mean there were people checking out all the tractors and they were checking them out hard (as was I)
I bet you the Montana dealer gets enough prospects from this fair alone to tide him over until first snow.

I am aware of the expense but don't they call that "advertising"?

Oh well...I'm not bent out of shape or anything..I'm not even a possible customer since I got mine this year. I only commented on it because it just seems like a wasted golden opportunity to me.