L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #1  

teg

Tractor
s
So tell me which Valve I have on my L2800 "standard" tractor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fsjf6xNqZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ia5l7a5Qv8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4F_IjO1YFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0rr7n2L_yo

I have the literature that describes the L-Series as a "Standard" tractor, NOT an "economical" tractor that Kubota keeps tell us "That is what you purchased" "that's the valve you get". I should have known better since my dealer never put on any attachments on the 3 point hitch to show me the jerky / shutter problem. I just assume that the tractor *SHOULD* have worked like a *STANDARD* tractor. I drive plenty of tractors, all standard, and NONE work like this. Thanks Kubota, that's the last time you get me. TEG

PS. For all that got their valve's replaced, good for you all (I mean that!) but there are many more of us that did NOT got it done and Kubota is letting US down. I would love to ONLY have those that have NOT had the valve replaced to post on this thread, as a show of hands. There have been PLENTY other threads of how others have gotten their valves replace by great and helpfully dealers.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #2  
My mistake... I will post my comments in a different thread as my valve was indeed replaced.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #3  
You mean mine isn't supposed to be working that way.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #4  
I have the L3400 with the same jerky valve. I talked to the dealer and he did not know anything about this problem. Then we went out in the shop and asked the mechanics and they never heard of this problem either. Dealer said he will get back to me, but never did. So I did not get my valve fixed. It still upsets me every time I use the lift.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #5  
blkdak said:
I have the L3400 with the same jerky valve. I talked to the dealer and he did not know anything about this problem. Then we went out in the shop and asked the mechanics and they never heard of this problem either. Dealer said he will get back to me, but never did. So I did not get my valve fixed. It still upsets me every time I use the lift.
Use the search here on the forum. There are several threads that address the issue and the fix (IIRC).

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #6  
I am familiar with the problem and had mine "fixed" shortly after I bought my L3400 (gear). It still isn't great but it's better.

Looking in hindsight at the L3400/L2800 tractors I thought I would play a little devil's advocate: in Kubota's defense this is an "economy" tractor with no frills. Lots of HP and good weight but none of the extras you see on new CUTs. That's the big difference between the L3400/2800 and B3030. The 3030 is less tractor in that it's less HP and less weight. But the B3030 cost more (at least when I was shopping) because it has more "features". At the time, I thought why pay for extras? Pay for HP and weight. Now I understand what some of those differences are: smooth 3pt lift and independent PTO. Both of those items have been problems on the L3400/2800. The HST models have had issues with the PTO and both HST and gears have problems with jerky PTO lift. Now, you don't get something for nothing so Kubota obviously skimped on some of the features of the L3400/2800 series to save money. Was it a good decision? Probably not since most of the buyers of the larger, heavier, higher HP tractors will probably be using the PTO to greater use than those of the smaller tractors (larger tillers, etc...). Did they expect users of these L3400/2800 to not use the PTO as much? I don't know.

Bottom line is that Kubota made the L3400/2800 as an "economy" tractor which is what it was advertised as when I bought mine (don't know if they stopped using that word) which must mean something and it obviously does. So, buyer beware. Would I have bought a different tractor knowing what I know now...yes. Which would I get? Not sure. Granted I have not had an problems with mine other than the jerky lift (which was "fixed") but I am left with a feeling that the design of these tractors isn't that strong (especially older HST models with the PTO issues).

Anyway, Kubota designed and sold an "economy" tractor and I think they are basically taking the stand now that that's the way these are supposed to operate and unless you have a great dealer who will help you out, you are stuck with what you got. Only thing you can do is let Kubota know what you feel about their product by writing them a letter and letting your dealer know about your feelings. Sure we all expect even "economy" tractors to have a reliable and robust PTO system...but Kubota thought differently. And now we know why these tractors were very competitively priced...like I said...you can't get something for nothing. Lesson learned.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #7  
I don't go along with the economy idea. I have a B7800 which is definitely an economy model, and it goes up and down smoothly. The 3 point hitch is not supposed to work like the video demonstrates. I have heard of this problem in the past, but this is the first time I have seen what the 2800/3400 owners were talking about. I would stay after Kubota. Good luck.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos #8  
My L3400 was kinda jerky at first but I closed down the flow regulator under the seat and it has pretty much fixed it.

Why do you have the engine speed so high trying to lift what seems like a light load?? the only time i have to bring the engine speed up to lift the three point is when i have a big round bale on the back. with more engine speed you are getting more hyd flow which i think is making the jerking more pronounced

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos
Shimon said:
.... I would play a little devil's advocate: in Kubota's defense this is an "economy" tractor with no frills.... .....Kubota made the L3400/2800 as an "economy" tractor which is what it was advertised

The L-2800 was NOT sold to me as an "economical" tractor (God know's I'm STILL paying for it), see attached, I purchased a "Standard" tractor. IF there is anyone out there, JD, MF, NH, Case, other orange tractors that the 3 point valve works like this, which then would make this "standard", then I would have no leg to stand on... This tractor is not "standard".

I know let the buyer beware, should have looked into it more... and many other things to beware of. SO, those looking to buy a tractor!!! take notes. I wish I did more. Kubota, in my opinion, took me, a new and eager buyer to the cleaners.

/ L2800 "standard" tractor - 3 point hitch videos
Mahana79 said:
My L3400 was kinda jerky at first but I closed down the flow regulator under the seat and it has pretty much fixed it.

Why do you have the engine speed so high trying to lift what seems like a light load?? the only time i have to bring the engine speed up to lift the three point is when i have a big round bale on the back. with more engine speed you are getting more hyd flow which i think is making the jerking more pronounced

I'll be going up to the "farm" this wk/ed and will try the "flow regulator". I have a 525 pound attachment that I have to unload from the trailer. The spray rig in the video is around 400 pounds and a bear to move. I will take video of the 525 pounds out on a 6 foot boom.

The reason for running the tractor at 2000 rpm is the dealer said "any time you move the tractor, run it at 2000 rpms to cool the oil" (I have a HST). I will also shoot video of the spray rig with the PTO at 1000 rpm's (If I remember correctly, it was WORST).

Since not many have replied, I might be the last one with the bad valve...