BX2200 to the rescue!

/ BX2200 to the rescue! #1  

PAGUY

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200, Gravely mower
While cutting the grass on my Gravely Tractor today I managed to get hung up on a spruce tree root sticking up out of the ground. I couldn't back up or go forward without the back wheels digging into the ground. No 4 wheel drive or differential on the unit to help me out. So with my neighbor watching the show I got out the Kubota hooked up a steel cable and with the help of the four wheel drive and Fels I had it free in no time. I'm beginning to see the advantages already in making up my mind to get a Kubota tractor.

I just had to share my joy.

/ BX2200 to the rescue! #2  
Gave my neighbors a similar show last Nov. when my car died about a mile from our house. After the wife came and picked me up, first there was us tooling back on the tractor with her sitting on my knee holding the chain. Then me towing the car home, backwards, with her in it steering and braking. A couple of big hills presented unique challenges; going up wasn't any problem, but downhill we had to disconnect from the tractor so that I could coast the car down (again, backwards) and hook up again at the bottom. That day added "tow truck" to the list of 1001 uses for the Kubota. Someone asked if I had a winch on it and I said No, just a 135-lb wench :D Teasing, she knows I love her... if it wasn't for her I wouldn't even have the tractor.

/ BX2200 to the rescue! #3  
PAGUY said:
While cutting the grass on my Gravely Tractor today I managed to get hung up on a spruce tree root sticking up out of the ground. I couldn't back up or go forward without the back wheels digging into the ground. No 4 wheel drive or differential on the unit to help me out. So with my neighbor watching the show I got out the Kubota hooked up a steel cable and with the help of the four wheel drive and Fels I had it free in no time. I'm beginning to see the advantages already in making up my mind to get a Kubota tractor.

I just had to share my joy.
THANKS FOR SHARING.My little bota ,similar to yours eats lawn tractors for supper.Heres a cute pic i took hauling a craftsman
ALAN

Attachments

• 100_0068_0001 (1016 x 762).jpg
    100_0068_0001 (1016 x 762).jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 345
   / BX2200 to the rescue! #4  
Alan, looks like you're just being a nice guy and helping the little guy across the brook, lol.

/ BX2200 to the rescue! #5  
escavader said:
THANKS FOR SHARING.My little bota ,similar to yours eats lawn tractors for supper.Heres a cute pic i took hauling a craftsman
ALAN

That's hysterical!! I need to try that with my little JD LX176. I don't think I could lift my Wheel Horses, since they're about 1000 pounds and about the same physical size as my BX. I can lift the back end of my Dakota up though, and that's fun!

I can't wait until the inevitable time or two this year that my neighbors (family) get their non-4WD cars stuck in their driveway in the snow again and come knocking on my door to pull them out with my truck, but opt to use the tractor instead.