Finally bought a B7100 today.

/ Finally bought a B7100 today. #1  

GDITheman

The last 3 tractors I was lined up to buy sold before I could go look at them. The used CUT market in MI is hot for some reason. Anyway, I was on a very limited budget and found a B7100 gear drive with ag tires and just over 1000 hours on it. It comes with a 48" or so Kubota MMM and I got them to throw in a 5' rear blade for just over $3000 OTD. I pick it up on Sat. The dealer also just did a major service on it. So, I hope it all looks good when I pick it up. The paint is faded, but I don't care. I just need it to run well.

/ Finally bought a B7100 today. #2  
Congratulations. Glad you got one. I probably would have bought something like that in 1995 at that kind of price, but couldn't find anything and eventually bought a new 1995 B7100 with a front end loader and of course for over $10k.

/ Finally bought a B7100 today. #3  
Nice, now you have to add pictures of it. It's fun to look at these little tractors. Seems to be alot of posts about them lately.

/ Finally bought a B7100 today. #4  
You'll love it!

I have a B6100 ..... and I'm having a blast.

The price you paid is fair ..... if all is working well, you got yourself a good little tractor at a very respectable price.

Good luck with it ..... I have an e-copy of the shop manual if you like.

Cheers!

Eric

/ Finally bought a B7100 today. #5  
Congratulations ! !

I too just became the Proud Owner of a 1996 B7100 HST a few weeks ago and love it ! What a work horse it is, I was truly surprised. As for the price it sounds like a fair deal. I paid 5,550 for mine with a 60" mid mount mower and 455 hrs on it, but looks like new. Just a bit of caution I learned from this site and hours of reading the post, no matter how nice and clean it looks be sure and check the radiator for debris, mine was plugged pretty bad and I would have never thought to check it had it not been for reading here.

Kubota In Canada....Eric

Hate to be a bum....but have been looking for a service manual. Would be truly gratefully for a link.

Casey

/ Finally bought a B7100 today. #6  
Mr Witty 1 Complete manual for B 7100 is $168.95. Thru ssbtractor.com/1-877-698 3033

/ Finally bought a B7100 today.
I will try and post a photo or two from work today. It has a "box" mounted to the front of the frame. The only thing I can think of is it's a weight box, but since I'm a contractor and not a farmer, yet, I really could be way off on my guess. Any ideas what a steel box mounted to the front of the frame could be?

The paint and stickers are pretty faded, but look original. The amount of rust on it is mostly on the mowing deck in the usual places and on the wear areas on the tractor. It was the tractor I used to justify going to buy the other 3 that were sold before I got there. The dealer sent some high res pics yesterday and the condition looked much better than it did in the photos they used in their online ad, so I jumped on it. He's had it less than a week.

Thanks for the tip on the radiator. I will check it out, but I hope they looked at it since they just did a "major" service. No idea what that means.

These photos are compressed a bit. Not pretty, but hopefully a good running tractor.

Attachments

• DSC00833-1.JPG
    DSC00833-1.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 458
  • DSC00834-1.JPG
    DSC00834-1.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 339
A few more pics. Do you guys see anything I should be concerned with?

Attachments

• DSC00836-1.JPG
    DSC00836-1.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC00837-1.JPG
    DSC00837-1.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC00835-1.JPG
    DSC00835-1.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 333
   / Finally bought a B7100 today. #10  
Nice looking tractor. It definitely has less paint loss in the hand/foot areas than mine does.

Looking at the three point I'd suggest the front box was for weight to keep the front wheels on the ground when a heavy reap implement was used.

I'd strongly recommend removing the spinner from the steering wheel. It could make for a nasty ow!:D Or worse!:D

Maybe pull the battery and check the condition of the tray. You may want to consider cleaning it up and repainting???