kubota or mahindra

/ kubota or mahindra #1  

mark mcmanus

i have a mahindra 6000 fwd FEL, and am considering trading for a 7040. The mahindra is considerably heavier about 2000#, we live in NC and is hilly, am I going to give up stability with a lighter tractor. The reason for the switch is for an open platform for my teenagers to use more safely. Any thoughts?

/ kubota or mahindra #2  
I'd be surprised if you notice a dramatic difference on this size tractor. Throw some weight in the tires and you'll be good to go.

/ kubota or mahindra
I appreciate your replay.
this has been a great tractor but the safety of the open platform is paramount with the kids driving now.

/ kubota or mahindra #4  
The weight of a tractor is important for operation. Where it is loated on the tractor is even more important! When a tractor is lighter the options of weight placement for optimum performance gives the owner a better overall package.
Many tractors are still built too heavy with old designs that are inefficient in not only causing excess fuel consumption but also putting undo stress on various parts causing premature failure.
I don't see a problem with the exchange of the tractors.

/ kubota or mahindra
Thankyou Art I feel better about it. I do feel the Kubota is likely a more effecient design. mark