b-bx New Replacement Seat

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #1  

Gomer

Silver Member
All right I'm starting to get a liitle frustrated with this thing. I've written 2 customer satisfaction reports to Kubota with nothing more than a read reciept.

I put my name in at my dealer in June.

I stopped at my dealer in July to see if they have come in yet and you would have thought I caught them with their pants down, I was hustled in to a back room to talk to the warranty man and he mummbled something about the internet and Kubota not having the seats available yet. They said they would call me.

So here it is the end of August and I read about how all these guys(and gals for all you PC people) love their new seats. Here I sit with almost a year later witha $20,000 tractor and a $10.00 seat, no call, no response from Kubota, not even a kiss my *** and it is starting to piss me off!!

How the heck do you contact Kubota, do I need to go to Japan? Change Dealers? Buy a $300 Michigan Seat? Maybe sell the SOB and buy green?

Ok I'm done venting. Thanks

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #2  
If you read a bit here many people are experiencing the same grief. The comments I heard are that the seats are such a hot item that the manufacturer who is making them for Kubota simply can't make enough to meet the supply.

I am on a waiting list at 2 places myself. I got no response either from them. So your not alone.

I still love my Kubota and going Green won't happen.....

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #3  
They are simly overwelmed with orders, as are we. We've stopped taking orders to avoid customers waiting for months on end for a seat.

This is one area where the internet can be a headache for Kubota and us. The demand and expectations are simply more than we can meet all at one time.

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #4  
I would consider the lucky few who have gotten the seats "lottery winners" of sorts. My dealer only got 3 seats, and I happened to be #2. It may be another 3 months before they get seat #4.

Understand why you eagerly anticipate your new seat, but I wouldn't get too bent over it. Mr. Messick got it right...you're hearing from the 10 or 15 people in this FORUM (active members on 3 continents that I see posting every day in this Kubota forum alone) that have gotten their seat. There are certainly hundreds of others still waiting just like you.

I was going to write a smarty-pants comment about how I was going to go sit in my nice, new, extremely comfortable seat, but I figured that'd be a little mean. So I'll tell you that I'm going to go make some fried rice. That'll make you feel a little better.

Hope you win the lottery soon, Mr. Gomer!

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat
Oh how I wish I had Mr Meesick as my dealer.:D Thanks for the responses. I was just getting frustrated and couldn't keep it in any longer.

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #6  
There is hope.
I bought my 2630 new in April and contacted my dealer as soon as I saw that the new seats would become available (thanks to this forum). When I talked to the dealer, he told me he had already ordered 8 and I was first on the list.
Yesterday I got the call. When I went to pick it up, they handed it to me and said have a nice day. No Charge.
I installed it last night. It is worth the wait. It took around 3 months for my NorCal dealer to get any seats in.
I hope your number comes up soon.

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #7  
KeithInSpace said:
I was going to write a smarty-pants comment about how I was going to go sit in my nice, new, extremely comfortable seat, but I figured that'd be a little mean.
Um... technically you did write the smarty-pants comment, Butthead.
Choke on some rice.
:)

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #8  
I'm located in the middle of two dealers who I think are fantastic: Browning equipment in Purcellville, Virginia and Frederick Equipment Company in Frederick Maryland. Both had the seats, and were aware of what was going on. No hassle. No fuss. No muss. I'm torn, so I try to divide my business between each of them because during my investigation and purchase phases, both were remarkably helpful.

So that said, I don't know exactly how these seat transactions work, so I don't know if if this is a possibility... but perhaps you could do do some sort of mail / phone transaction with one of these guys. That is, perhaps offer to order your maintenance kit from one of them (filter, oil, hyrdo oil, etc..), and also work in the seat replacement order. That way you spread the love, as it were.

For what it's worth, knowing now how much better these new seats are, I would have offered well over $100 outright for the new seat because it really makes the tractor feel so much more comfortable. I say that because if you can't get a warrantly replacement seat (at the moment) .. then I wonder if there's an option for an aftermarket seat? It might be worth looking into. Yes, I think that the tractor should just come with this new seat by default, and yes I think we really even shouldn't be spending $.01 for the new one .... but now that I have the new one I realize just how awful the old seats are.

I only wish I could have bought the new seat for twice as much so that I could hold onto the old one. That way I could have burnt it in my firepit. That would have made my year.

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #9  
Gomer said:
Oh how I wish I had Mr Meesick as my dealer.:D Thanks for the responses. I was just getting frustrated and couldn't keep it in any longer.

I don't normally correct typos, but that's MeSsick, not MeEsick. It has a different connotation. :D

/ b-bx New Replacement Seat #10  
Gomer said:
All right I'm starting to get a liitle frustrated with this thing. I've written 2 customer satisfaction reports to Kubota with nothing more than a read reciept.

I put my name in at my dealer in June.

I stopped at my dealer in July to see if they have come in yet and you would have thought I caught them with their pants down, I was hustled in to a back room to talk to the warranty man and he mummbled something about the internet and Kubota not having the seats available yet. They said they would call me.

So here it is the end of August and I read about how all these guys(and gals for all you PC people) love their new seats. Here I sit with almost a year later witha $20,000 tractor and a $10.00 seat, no call, no response from Kubota, not even a kiss my *** and it is starting to piss me off!!

How the heck do you contact Kubota, do I need to go to Japan? Change Dealers? Buy a $300 Michigan Seat? Maybe sell the SOB and buy green?

Ok I'm done venting. Thanks

I've written Kubota twice and the first time got a call the next day, the other , just last week, I was contacted by the regional sales rep.. I'm rather surprised they haven't responded to you... Have you tried writing them via e-mail?? That was my method both times?

Phil