B6100HST - Cat 1 implements won't fit!

/ B6100HST - Cat 1 implements won't fit! #1  

ruready1

Tractor
Ford 8N
Hello,
I'm desperately in some need of advice. I asked a week or so if the B6100's were Catagory 1 or XB and I was assured that they were Cat 1. Now that we've made irreversible arrangements (sold the other tractor & spent much of the $$$) to go with the 6100 as our main tractor for awhile, I'm finding that none of our Cat 1 items fit. The lower ball ends ARE Cat. 1 as the pins fit with no wiggle. The problem is that the lift arms won't spread wide enough to accept the implements. When I went to reverse the pins (pins on inside of the frame rather than outside), I realized that some of the implements won't allow that (the ball end hole wouldn't be able to reach it) and some of them are not reversible by design. The implements affected right now are a set of Chinese utility forks and a King Kutter boom. I put the bale spear over by it just to see if it was the wonderful Chinese design or of American items would have an issue as well. The spear was even wider!!! I have promised to purchase a Homier grader blade from a friend, have bid on a Bush Hog Squealer and was scheduled to pick up a King Kutter Subsoiler this weekend. Now I'm wondering if ANY of these will fit!!!! The Cat 1 toplink won't even fit on the tractor (it's 1/8" too wide and looks like it would have to be ground down).

Did I just purchase an overgrown lawn mower or do I just need to buy some specialty equipment? The toplink, blade, boom, spear and utility forks all fit a Ford 8n, 2000 and 5000 (needed bushing for the last). Why won't they fit the Kubota? HELP!

Thanks,
Mike

/ B6100HST - Cat 1 implements won't fit! #2  
I have owned a B6100E and used Cat 1 implements with it but I purchased them after the tractor so I knew whether they would fit. Did have to reverse the pins on some. By the way, do you have turf tires? I did and I think that they limit the spread of the arms. I did have to grind a little off the bushing to get a generic top link to fit but that was no big deal.

Vernon

/ B6100HST - Cat 1 implements won't fit! #3  
Would something along the lines of pat's easy hitch (or generic) with the extra length make it wide enough to fit?? I have the other problem with the xb box blade the arms arn't wide enough for the harbor freight quick hitch to work till I spread the bb arms about 2". or maybe your stay links are to tight I have a bx-23 so can't answer for your model

Pat R

/ B6100HST - Cat 1 implements won't fit! #4  
This site does not want to play nice tonight. Why don't the lift arms go wide enough, do they hit the tires? If so the wheels are adjustable. I think the widest width has the axle even with the rim. If it's the same as my 6100 then there is a pin on the inside that you remove so you can push the wheels out. I'd have to look at mine but I think the only other factor that may limit the width is the actual arms, I think mine will go as wide as I need to until it hits the tires. Pictures are always helpful.

/ B6100HST - Cat 1 implements won't fit!
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'm just a little nervous about dropping down to such a small tractor if even for a little while. When things didn't seem to work right off the bat, I freaked! I am now laying off the caffeine and have found the solution to the problem.

The stays were already adjusted almost all of the way out and the arms still weren't even close to touching the tires. Since everyone seemed to think they should be close to that, I pushed them a little harder and one gave. When it did, I saw some rust come off the upper linkage and it dawned on me! The tractor sat for a couple of years before being bought for resale by the guy I got it from! The upper links were frozen and had no play except up and down. A little PB Blaster on everything and it's working great. Sorry to waste everyone's time and for doubting the fine folks that answered my earlier question. Color me red! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Take Care,
Mike