Canopy Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs?

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #12  
TalonDancer said:
This link http://kubotaproducts.bigmachines.co...ny_profile.jsp appears to have full list price for all Kubota products. So you can check the most you will likely pay.

FWIW if you EVER plan to graage your tractor, seriously consider a TUFFTOP which can be removed easily and allow the FOPS to actually Fold :)

Talon Dancer

There's a TuffTop in my future for the exact reasons mentioned here..

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #13  
Hello all, I am a new BX24 owner and got my first battle scar today while mowing for the first time. I was mowing toward the electric pole beside the guy wire watching it very closely. I watched the wire pass by about two inches away from the canopy and I thought I was OK. I quit watchng after it passed by my head, forgetting about how the bottom of the canopy flares out. The ear hanging down at the bottom of the canopy caught the wire and it started sawing through the fiberglass. You may be able to see in the photos how the bottom flares out an inch or so.

This is a Kabota canopy and looks like a good reason not to get this type design. It is not cut bad enough to replace the fiberglass and it is still very functional. And the fiberglass part can be purchased seperate from the mouinting frame. I also have a little experience working with fiberglass (this is why I have to use spell check every time) and this can be easily patched, if I felt like it.

Marv

Attachments

• 2007_0101Image0018.JPG
    2007_0101Image0018.JPG
    477.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 2007_0101Image0017.JPG
    2007_0101Image0017.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 2007_0101Image0016.JPG
    2007_0101Image0016.JPG
    458.5 KB · Views: 180
   / Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #15  
I got it at a truck parts house. It works pretty well when I am using the BH and not much air is stirring. If you buy one at a truck place make sure you are buying a 12V model. A lot of them are 24V.

Marv