Canopy Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs?

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #1  

canoetrpr

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040 cab/hyd shuttle - current, Kubota L3400 - traded
Going to look for a dealer around here that carries the Wells Ag co one as well.

Just wondering how they compare in price if someone else has already done the comparison. I like the looks of both these.

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #2  
This link http://kubotaproducts.bigmachines.co...ny_profile.jsp appears to have full list price for all Kubota products. So you can check the most you will likely pay.

FWIW if you EVER plan to graage your tractor, seriously consider a TUFFTOP which can be removed easily and allow the FOPS to actually Fold :)

Talon Dancer

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs?
Hi TalonDancer:

That link dosen't quite work - could you repost please.

I do garage but in my workshop and it fits without have to fold down the ROPS. So I'm ok with a permanently attached canopy. Just didn't like the look of the tuff tops - don't quite know why.

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #4  
canoetrpr said:
Hi TalonDancer:

That link dosen't quite work - could you repost please....
OOPS the full URL is

http://kubotaproducts.bigmachines.com/commerce/display_company_profile.jsp

BUT...
It appears to be no longer available to the public :(

"This site is for adminstration only. Click Here to visit our home page."

Bummer it was really great. You could configure a full tractor with options and attachements with prices for each item.

Talon Dancer

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #5  
I remembered that i had priced the Kubota canopies for my L3240 when I was playing around with the site I posted.

For my Gl3240 the canapies prices are

Standard $374
Deluxe $494
Deluxe w/ front work light $590

Looking at the other prices the site quoted, I think these prices are probably MSRP (AKA full retail) in US dollars.

Talon Dancer

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #6  
In case you haven't considered them, Tel-Trax Sun Shades are good quality and have strong frames. They didn't have a dealer listed for my area, so they offered a great price on a direct-ship deal. They say the ones for direct shipment are "blemished" - but I couldn't find a defect in mine. The only caution is if you have low tree limbs where you mow, the fiberglass canopy is not as strong as metal. I'm on my second one - :rolleyes:

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs?
rbargeron said:
In case you haven't considered them, Tel-Trax Sun Shades are good quality and have strong frames.

They do look decent. Do you know if they are insulated to keep the sound down?

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #9  
canoetrpr said:
Going to look for a dealer around here that carries the Wells Ag co one as well.

Just wondering how they compare in price if someone else has already done the comparison. I like the looks of both these.

My information is getting too old to be reliable, but . . . when I bought my 1999 B2710 in Waco, TX, my dealer told me the prices on both, and at that time, the Wells Ag Co. canopy was a good bit cheaper than the Kubota canopy, and he said he just never sold the Kubota canopies because the Wells was both cheaper and stronger. I don't know how prices are in other parts of the country, but my Kubota dealer was probably less than 10 miles from the Wells Ag Co., so I'm sure there was probably no shipping costs.

/ Anyone know what the OEM sunshad canopy costs? #10  
rbargeron said:
In case you haven't considered them, Tel-Trax Sun Shades are good quality and have strong frames. They didn't have a dealer listed for my area, so they offered a great price on a direct-ship deal. They say the ones for direct shipment are "blemished" - but I couldn't find a defect in mine. The only caution is if you have low tree limbs where you mow, the fiberglass canopy is not as strong as metal. I'm on my second one - :rolleyes:

That is the canopy I have on my L3400. Seems to be very sturdy and the color matches perfect. It does have foam insulation underneath. These are made for the tractor, not a one size fits all. Keep in mind you will not be able to fold the ROPS and forget about taking it off by yourself. I ordered it through my Kubota dealer and I think the price was around $400.00. I have not updated my picture since I put it on.

Terry

Just remembered I have seen these on Ebay and I found the link:
CUSTOM Made Tractor Canopy High Quality!! Made in TN!! - (eBay item 300147610754 end time Sep-12-07 16:49:40 PDT)