Mowing GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower?

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #1  

Brent C.

Not to duplicate as I have placed this question in the "buying/pricing" forum. I am curious of those GL series owners that have experience with MMM vs. RFM. Is the weight of the tractor a concern? I am looking at this tractor to be a multiple use tractor to maintain roughly 400' of gravel drive, tilling, bushhoging roughly 2 additional acres. I currently mow roughly 3 acres. I would also want R-4 tires due to the multiple tasks planned. My current tractor is a Kubota B2710HST with R-4's, 72"mmm and LA 402 loader. Any advice is appreciated.
Many thanks.

/ GL3940HST w/ MMM or Rear Finish Mower? #2  
Hey Brent, I recently purchased the 3940 with the MMM. It is a mowin machine. we mow approximately 6 acres of Bermuda, looks like a golf course, and with the loader off the tires wont hurt the grass. I also have a 93' B7100hst with a 60" mmm, which I thought I would keep for mowing the yard, but....... I also use the 3940 for mowing around our 30 acre tree farm. This thing is a beast. I can get into some pretty tall Johnson grass which we usually Bush Hog, and it cuts it with now problems.

Well that is my two cents worth.

My new purchase includes: L3940, Cab, LA724, RC72-38, Aux front remote hydraulics, TnT, 84" Box Blade, 84" Hyd. Rear Blade (angle, tilt and offset).